Search results

1. H

Best depth for 🦀

I use chicken backs mostly but if I have a turkey neck I add that , I think that really helps,
  2. H

Drain plug for aluminum boat

I spoke to Silver Streak (Andy Berry) and he said to just replace it with a rubber flip plug. I had one for years in my Double Eagle and it never leaked.
  3. H

The plug is a hollow plug with a hex head the problem is the hex end has been snapping off leaving the hollow threaded end in the drain hole. Probably a threaded aluminum would be the best, or maybe the rubber bung type would be the easiest fix. I will have to call SS to see if they can do a...
  4. H

I have a silver streak boat that comes with a plastic plug that’s threaded into back of my pod. I was wondering if anyone with a aluminum boat has the same type of plug. I have already broken 2 plugs inside probably due to my own fault and had to cut them out damaging the soft aluminum threads...
  5. H

Boat insurance

Try Harbour Insurance they were cheapest for me.
  6. H

2021 Sidney Reports

I did some crabbing off the spit today, got 8 dungees in 2 hours threw back lots of undersized males and females.
  7. H

Crabs not that meaty!

Thanks everyone for the info. I kind of figured that that was the issue last time, as I had a female loaded with eggs that I carefully put back, as that was at least a month ago. I didn’t realize that it was a year long thing.
  8. H

Crabs not that meaty!

I’ll keep trying maybe be more selective next time.
  9. H

Crabs not that meaty!

How long do they molt for it must be for a couple of months the time before this was similar.
  10. H

Crabs not that meaty!

Lately the crabs I’ve been getting don’t have a lot of meat in them, especially the legs. Is it the time of year, has anyone else noticed this? Crabbing in Sidney.
  11. H

Fishing Bait Scents

I put anchovy oil on all my spoons, hootchies, and natural bait.
  12. H

2021 Sidney Reports

Fished at Moresby yesterday, two other boats there, just 1 shaker other boats gave up and left. Good crabbing at the spit.
  13. H

Noobie buying a boat

Another thing to think about is if you want to explore some of the islands around SB, it would be easier to beach or bring the boat up close to shore in a tin boat.
  14. H

Noobie buying a boat

I’m one cabin down from the blue cabin on the corner stop by anytime!
  15. H

Noobie buying a boat

Anyway if you’re planning to fish there most of the time I wouldn’t go any smaller than 18ft. A boat that size will get you to most of the popular spots from SB.
  16. H

Noobie buying a boat

Are you next to the Conelys ? I’m on lower 6th just down from you we’re almost neighbours!
  17. H

Noobie buying a boat

I’m at Salmon Beach also where is your lot ask away!
  18. H

Silver streak washdown install

Call Silver Streak before you start drilling anything! It may be better in the long run if they give you a price. I bought mine already installed but have been back there for other things, and they have been very helpful.
  19. H

Noobie buying a boat

Where in Barkley Sound do you plan to fish? I have a 18ft. Carmanah Silver Streak that I fish there all summer in it’s great.
  20. H

HighLiner Boat Trailers - Experiences

I bought a new Highliner trailer with my new boat in 2017 it’s been fine except for the lights, it would have been nice if they were sealed and waterproof.
Back