Search results

1. BigBoat

2023 Port Renfrew Reports

Are those those the same people that own Coastal Kitchen Cafe? The place right on the 90 deg. curve, Wild Coast Wilderness Resort?
  2. BigBoat

I thought I heard last week that Trailhead shut down their operation. I was asking about fish processing at the time.
  3. BigBoat

She does run really well. I have to chuckle at your observation about the people since I am much bigger than I would like to be. Perhaps it is like those side view mirrors that state " objects are larger than they appear." If you saw me on a 17' Whaler you would say, "that guy needs a bigger boat."
  4. BigBoat

I just made my reservation for next August today to make sure I get a spot. Great picture you took. Managed to see me when I wasn't in a fog lol.
  5. BigBoat

Thanks man. I have been a forum member for many years, but I don't get the chance to fish with you guys very often. I would be there more often if I could find a few nights moorage in the area. Whenever I call around it seems like the few larger slips are booked long term. It was fun for me to...
  6. BigBoat

Thanks Tubber. Well worth looking into.
  7. BigBoat

Spent Tuesday through Friday last week at Renrew. Only one day was spent out at the banks as the pinks were thick and even taking my tomics. Tried every depth down to 140ft and never saw a spring. The beaches on the other hand were producing for all. One of my friends hooked up and handed the...
  8. BigBoat

Tell Your Best Joke

I laughed so hard I almost cried.
  9. BigBoat

Crew Members - Ad Fix

Still have ads on Safari top and bottom.
  10. BigBoat

Tell Your Best Joke

Bumper sticker spotted on a car in Boston: JESUS SAVES ! ...and Esposito scores on the rebound
  11. BigBoat

2022 Sooke Reports

Wolf, PM sent.
  12. BigBoat

2022 Sooke Reports

I lost two nice springs at Swiftsure Bank last week to a large stellar sealion. In addition to losing a lot of line it is painful to see the size of the fish in the animal's mouth at the surface.
  13. BigBoat

I made a fishing video

Watched it from beginning to end. Whew! Interesting to see places I would like to visit some day. You guys did quite well fishing new places every day that were probably unfamiliar to you.
  14. BigBoat

2022 Sooke Reports

x2 We were just on the road without a trailer and with apologies to Elvis our passengers were "all shook up." The road is paved, but very uneven. Worst condition we have experienced in last several years.
  15. BigBoat

Tales From The Tyee Pool........2022

Just a warm up. This is your year, Dave. If it were me I'd be inviting Merv to have another go.
  16. BigBoat

2022 Ucluelet Reports

I never noticed the typo. I was indeed seriously interested and went right to post #1515. Very well done. My first thought was, I bet those bright glowing flashers provide an edge. I have been using the roll up flasher holders in black mesh which allows for drainage, but I put the lures with...
  17. BigBoat

2022 Ucluelet Reports

Can you say more about your lure changing box? I would like to get organized in a way to make quick tangle free gear changes.
  18. BigBoat

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Fished Swiftsure yesterday. Better conditions than any other day this week. Fish weren't big, but fairly consistent. Early afternoon I lost two nice keepers to a Stellar. Fool me once. Finished up the day in a steady rain at the beaches where the predominent catch was wild coho.
  19. BigBoat

2022 Port Renfrew Reports

Most folks fishing Port Renfrew today had a swell time, especially those at the banks. I had new to salmon fishing friends on the boat so we spent the day at the beaches. Lot's of small fish and shakers. We did keep three caught on a Skinny G Herring Aid and white coho killer.
  20. BigBoat

Areas 20-3 and 20-4

Excellent advice. Thanks.
Back