Search results

1. Thirsty Hursty

2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Howdy Gents Coming up from Sidney for a family holiday and will be bringing the boat to spend a day or two on the water to try my luck. Plugs and hoochies seem to be the weapons of choice, any other suggestions on where to fish and at what depths?
  2. Thirsty Hursty

2018 Sidney Reports

Jiggy jiggerson w @Docmedia getting it done once again... Just messing about!!
  3. Thirsty Hursty

Wanted: 18.5-20 Hourston/ Double Eagle

Hi There, I have a 1979 18.5' Hurston that will be comin for sale. It has nice canvas and a solid 3.7 L , aluminum block 4 cyclinder , 390 mercruiser. I believe it is 180 HP. This boat is solid and takes the water beautifully. It is located at Van Isle marina if you wish to view it. Barrett...
  4. Thirsty Hursty

2017 Sidney Reports

Was out Tuesday evening at the spit and nothing,tried jigging at the light off coal island and came up with some rockfish. Tons of baitfish boiling up though. Thursday evening went to Hamley for the tide change. Couple of dogfish and a decent rock cod that was odd to catch. Only did a few passes...
  5. Thirsty Hursty

2017 Sidney Reports

Worked the spit Wednesday and Thursday morning for daybreak and wasn't rewarded. Dogfish, shakers and weeds on a coho killer and Betsy at 60-70 ft. Couple of other boats out and didn't see anything come up. Last night went out to try Hamley for the first time and was not disappointed. The...
  6. Thirsty Hursty

2017 Sidney Reports

Went out solo this evening to catch the tide change and was not disappointed. 4 undersized, 2 shakers and a 12lb that I lost at the boat. I may not be man enough to fish by myself :( and to think I only hd one rod going. Several boats out though I did not see any nets. Alas I am on the am shift...
  7. Thirsty Hursty

2017 Sidney Reports

Went out this morning with @Docmedia for a solid session. Doubleheader right out of the gates!! Was bringing up the rigger for @Docmedia amd the other line was popped and singing... I went for the rod and was trying to maintain the smile from overtaking my face. @Docmedia was cool, calm and...
  8. Thirsty Hursty

Getting it done in Sidney

Out first this morning for the early bite with #Doc Media and we were not disappointed!! Multiple hits and two nice 10lb fish in the boat. Out tomorrow am to test the waters...
  9. Thirsty Hursty

Out first thing this morning with #Doc Media for the bite and we were not disappointed! Multiple hits and 2 nice 10lb hatchery fish in the boat.id If you didn't know I Headtommor
  10. Thirsty Hursty

Went out this am for a few hours... Caught 4 salmon; 2 undersize and 2 in the 8-10lb range that we lost at the boat :( and countless dogfish. Try our luck again tomorrow!!
  11. Thirsty Hursty

Off the west side of Sidney island, usually in 80-90 feet of water and trolling near bottom. Good old Betsy girl and a coho killer with a 5-6 foot leader length keep in mind I have seen others catch fish in both deeper and shallower depths. Jigging I was using a 5 oz salmon slayer and a 3.5 oz...
  12. Thirsty Hursty

New to fishing this year and had a great week in Sidney, catching fish every time we went out. With the massive currents, I found fishing the slack tides to be the most effective and running my gear near bottom. Baitfish, birds and seals every time we were out reassuring me there was fish...
Back