Search results

1. RODNREEL

Does your gear last longer then four minutes?

I got back from fishing and washed off some gear. A couple spoons a few hoochies and three or four flashers. Most were either all or part glow. I left them in the sun to dry for a minimum three hours. I was about to put the gear away and curiosity got the better of me so I put them in a dark...
  2. RODNREEL

Do you protect your organ on the boat

Your epiderms is your biggest organ and with skin cancer on the rise I'm just wondering what if anything your doing to protect yourself ? Do you wear a hat,long sleeve shirt or sun block. I've worked outside all my life and my organ has taken a beating, so I use all of the above. I am concerned...
  3. RODNREEL

One million dollars

If you were given a million bucks and were told you had to donate it to salmon enhancement which oganization would you give it to and why ?
  4. RODNREEL

What is the public perception of sport fishers

With all the BS going on what dose Joe public think of us?
  5. RODNREEL

If you were the new fisheries minster

If you were the new fisheries minster where would you start? I'd start with the seal problems especially around the river mouths. Big money for salmon enhancement and hatcheries would be a close number two. I have a problem with spending money on hatcheries and enhancement when the fish can't...
  6. RODNREEL

Hope he's eating good

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/b-c-paddle-boarder-treated-to-close-encounter-with-orca-1.4031662
  7. RODNREEL

Advice please

I had the pleasure of taking a friend and his parents fishing this past summer. My friend mentioned his parents had some mobility issues that may make things a little tough. I thought a was prepared but quickly realized that wasn't the case. From getting them down the dock to getting in the...
  8. RODNREEL

WHAT DO YOU WEAR

It's time for me to replace some of my old hunting gear.I'll be looking for coat,pants and base layer. It's been a few years since I've shopped for gear so I'm looking for some input. I'm looking for something that will keep me dry and also good when temperatures are in the negatives. I've owned...
  9. RODNREEL

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving boys and girls. Here's hoping you all have a good one. What do you have to be thankful for this year ?? For me it would be that family and friends are healthy and happy and that we live in the best place in the world where we are fortunate enough to harvest our own organic...
  10. RODNREEL

GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE

When I read Nootka report # 509 I smelled a crap storm coming for good reason. Then the possession limits thread started up and some of the posts are more about how to get around the law, not what the laws actually are. I'm at a local marina a couple weeks back and there is a family from Sweden...
  11. RODNREEL

Where do we begin

August 12/1928 was the day my father was born. He was a strong hard working man that fought for what he believed in. Growing up in the dirty thirties hunting and fishing were more about survival than sport. Later on in his life hunting and fishing became all about the outdoors and enjoying the...
  12. RODNREEL

Educate us please

I just read SpringFever and Codfathers posts in the Nootka/Esperanza reports and I think we could all learn something. So educate us from boat ramp etiquette to fishing in large groups.Anything that would make us safer and more respectful fisherman and boaters. Good stories,bad stories and do's...
  13. RODNREEL

I'm feeling violated and not in a good way

I got back into salmon fishing a couple years ago. I've spent time doing my homework and spent money buying gear and I'm enjoying myself. A year ago I met a guy through work and we hit it off. I offered to take him fishing and he jumped at the chance.We went out a couple times last year and...
  14. RODNREEL

Frozen fish jiz

I've been reading everyone's concerns about the Alberni and Fraser river sockeye returns and it got me thinking.With the technology and science we have today we can freeze a man's sperm indefinitely and a woman's eggs for over ten years. What about fish ?? When we have a big run we take eggs and...
  15. RODNREEL

NEW TO FORUM

Seeing how I'm a newbie here I thought I'd say hello to everyone and volunteer a little info about myself .I've been fishing on and off all my life. Had a long break due to kids,work and life.A couple years ago we bought another boat and I'm trying to get back into it. I have a lot to learn and...
Back