Search results

1. adanac

Elk Lake

Looking to do something different while working out of town in victoria . What is smallie fishing like this time of year at elk and beaver ? Spots , techniques ? I have only fished smallies on vaseux and osoyoos back in my youth . Fished allot of tubes back then.
  2. adanac

Shearwater

Heading up to the central coast to get our dive crews down to patch and re float the commercial vessel “ pacific lad “ . Staying at shearwater resort . Looking for what to expect from the resort itself . Any river fishing in the area ? Some late coho possibly ?
  3. adanac

Chalky white halibut

Ran into an issue this past weekend that I have never seen after killing and cleaning hundreds of halibut . While cutting an under slot sized fish caught off secret cove , the meat came out solid white , not translucent , completely opaque white , almost chalky and quite mushy . It almost looked...
  4. adanac

Hardy Salt Ice

Is there any fish plants that sell salt ice to sport boats? We aren’t trailerable so would be nice to be able to pull up and get loaded down at the dock !
  5. adanac

Vancouver - hardy

Looking like we will be leaving our boat in port hardy for the majority of the summer , mid July - late august . We’ve fished it extensively either on our own trailered boat , or friends boats , but are looking to run our boat up ourselves this year ( 330 grady express so can’t trailer it...
  6. adanac

Big time Exotic caught just south of us

AllRivers out of Westport landed a wild fish today . Most people would suspect striped marlin to be the main billfish to stray into PNW waters , let alone one of the most rare billfish species in the world . Short billed Spearfish , insane catch.
  7. adanac

Tuna spread Sans outriggers

Will be after the tuna off the north island this week , a few questions . i have only every trolled a spread for them with outriggers, unfortunately we will not have access to outriggers this trip . zuker / x rap guy. What kind of spread do you guys fish that do not have outriggers?
  8. adanac

Puerto Vallarta

Heading to a stag second week of January , and ive been put in charge with setting up our boat. Fished extensivley in Cabo sal lucas many times a year but am new to the Puerto Vallarta scene. Any reccomendatons/experiences??
  9. adanac

Tuna Karage

Been trying new things rather than just seared , sashimi, or poke with my lot of albacore this year , this one is a winner For the tuna -cube albacore into 1.5 inch cubes - mix in bowl with soy sauce and mirin to taste - drain exess liquid , toss in cornstarch , shake off any excess cornstarch...
  10. adanac

strip casting

the older i get the more i want to move away from what has now become the norm of down rigging for salmon. don’t get me wrong , still has its time and place but i find myself using older techniques more , still with great success ( mooching cuttplugs, live herring on anchor , jigging) . one...
  11. adanac

seadek

anyone have any experience with seadek on their boats? a family of otters or mink decided to have a hayday in my graft last week and not only ruined all of my cushions inside my cabin but also tore up some of the wood flooring , so we are looking at options for all exterior and interior floor...
  12. adanac

pinatan lake

usually a saltwater guy , but will be up at pinatan lake outside of kamloops next weekend and looking for any general info on ice fishing it. areas of the lake , what to use etc. a real newbie when it comes to the hard water
  13. adanac

Coonstripes

Anyone know where you can trap coonstripes in relatively shallow water around Vancouver? Would be nice to go out and trap some shrimp without the whole hassle of fishing super heavy long strings once in awhile.
  14. adanac

Burrard inlet fuel barges

Anyone aware of what fuel barges are still open? I have heard reed point and deep cove are both closed
  15. adanac

Gabriola Mechanic

just spun a prop on the way to gabriola, limping into to Silva right now, anyone know a guy ? I believe Silva bay ship yard is closed till tuesday
  16. adanac

Gravlax

Here is the recipie that was requested in the what’s for dinner thread- - Mix equal parts salt and sugar plus 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper - need enough to completely cover the filet - 1 to 1.5 cups each - Fresh dill - enough to cover the bottom, middle and top of the filets 1. Use...
  17. adanac

El Niño species

https://www.google.ca/amp/vancouver...re-powerful-new-evidence-of-ocean-warming/amp I've always been fascinated with what warm water/southern species stray into our waters on El Niño years. Saw this on global last night and thought it was worth a post, a broadbill swordfish 20nm off brooks is...
  18. adanac

Things to do with crab

have a serious surplus of chelled dungie at the moment, looking to see what people do with their crab other than the usual eat it straight up, or crab cakes .
  19. adanac

Avet Service

My collection of avets are looking a bit tired, even a few neglected ones having completely seized up. Just wondering if there is any local places to get them serviced, would rather not have to send them down across the line.
  20. adanac

Ocean Falls

looks like I'll be working up in ocean falls at the end of cousins inlet for the first four months of the new year. Can't find too much information on fishing around that area, will have access to our work punts after hours. Anyone have any experience in that area?
Back