Search results

1. Wwunder

Sooke or Vic Hali Charter Recommendations?

Hi All, Looking for Hali / ling charter recommendations for May 17/18 on the south island. Last minute trip to cheer up my Bro in law who is battling cancer. We're converging from around southern BC and thinking of camping in Westshore. Any tips you have would be appreciated!
  2. Wwunder

ISO - Smartcraft Gauge

Looking for a replacement to my merc monitor that died. Will look at the system monitor, merc monitor, tach or vessel view. let me know what you have.
  3. Wwunder

What to do when a Seller ghosts you?

Not sure if this is the best spot for this, but since it started on here I figured it was as good as anywhere. So the story goes that I saw an ad on this forum for a boat that I thought my parents would be interested in and sent it to them. They liked it, met with the seller and left to think...
  4. Wwunder

ISO- 200 hp Outboard

Trying to help my brother track down a 200ish outboard for his newly podded 20' DE with Alaska cabin. He's not looking to spend big bucks or for a project motor, so mid 2000's 2-stroke or 4-stroke in running condition would be sweet. Switching from a Volvo so controls and gauges would be plus...
  5. Wwunder

Wanted - 115 hp to 150 hp four stroke

Hi guys, I'm still looking for the right motor for my Malibu 185 being podded. If anyone knows of a motor for sale that might work please let me know. Budget is about $7k for now. Thanks!
  6. Wwunder

Pre-purchase inspection

Hi all, I'm looking at an outboard that is a private sale. The motor is off the boat and stored in the seller's garage. I want to have it inspected by a mechanic prior to the sale, but it will either require getting it moved to a shop for the full inspection or hiring a mobile mechanic to...
  7. Wwunder

Podding

So... As discussed in another thread, my i/o seized and I'm now planning to pod it instead. The boat is a malibu 185 hardtop. I have lots of decisions to make and could use some advise. I have been talking to the Pod guy in Sooke (Rich) and he seems ok and has some recent reviews on here...
  8. Wwunder

Seized Engine???

Hi Guys, I was out with the family for a cruise yesterday and must have picked up a piece of kelp at the beach... Long story short, the intake must have been blocked and the engine overheated. Once it cooled I refilled with fresh water and tried to restart but the starter couldn't turn it...
  9. Wwunder

How to mount Hard Top

Hi Everyone, I have a Malibu 185 that currently has the soft top installed, but it orginally had a hard top and I want to convert it back. Changing over means removing the current windshield since the hardtop has a different windshield and side window arrangement that is already connected...
  10. Wwunder

Making Prawn Traps and Need Hog Rings

So I took another member's advice and picked up some aquamesh to make prawn traps. They were out of stock on hog rings, so we managed to get some from PNT, but now I have run out and have a few more traps to make. Does anyone know of a source in Victoria for 3/8" stainless hog rings? Thanks!
  11. Wwunder

Help, I need a mechanic

I have a volvo 3.0 gs with an sx leg. Last weekend the engine died about 200 m from the tulista ramp after running from mayne island (about an hour). It felt like it ran out of gas, but i still had 3/8 of a tank. I subsequently checked my fuel sender, fuel pickup, filters, vent etc. and found...
  12. Wwunder

Wanted: 4stroke kicker (5 to 8 hp)

Hi Everyone, As the title says looking for a 4-stroke, long shaft kicker... Budget is about $600 so older is ok as long as its in good running condition. Let me know if you have anything! I'm located in Victoria.
  13. Wwunder

Hardtop or Soft top on Malibu 185?

Hi Everyone, It looks like I will be buying a used Malibu 185 that comes with both the soft top and the hard top. It is currently set up with the soft top and has a slope back cover. There is no canvas that goes with the hardtop. As I see it the positives for the soft top are that it has...
  14. Wwunder

For Sale: 15' Arima with Yamaha F50 4-stroke and 5hp Honda

I'm offering my '89 Arima with '00 Yamaha F50 (fourstroke) and honda 5hp kicker for sale. This is the biggest little boat you can find at 15' long and 7' wide. Foam and fibreglass construction so they are very seaworthy, fuel efficient, stable and easy to tow. They are made for fishing and...
  15. Wwunder

FS Scotty Black Box

Like the title says, Scotty Black Box for sale. - $200 I just pulled it off the boat as I switched to Braid. Its the digital version and comes with the install cords and two sleeves. Located in Victoria.
  16. Wwunder

WTS or trade Garmin Data Card

I have a blank 512 MB garmin data card (old style) that my chartplotter cannot read. Will trade for a smaller card (32 MB to 128 MB) or sell for $50.
Back