Search results

1. silversands

Historical fishing accounts

Find a copy of the book The Salmon People...originally published 1967. Amazing history of salmon on the westcoast 100 year or more ago...and the commercial fishing history too. Great read. One of the things I found most interesting was how much placer (gold) mining during the BC gold rush...
  2. silversands

2021 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Yes...dont let that happen again...switch over to Gibbs Scissor Snaps...you can google that...much better terminal tackle design...just use Scissor Snaphwith bead swivel for any place you would have used your old clip. I think some also call it a Mahon clip?
  3. silversands

2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Was getting most action around 85 feet in water 100-150 deep. Worth running one side up perhaps and other down... cheers
  4. silversands

2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Evening bite came on around 6- untll bit after 7pm...couple good take downs.. bbq on tonight. Fish were a bit shallower than normal I found.
  5. silversands

2020 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Or Silver Sands Resort ..that was a great family fishing base-camp in 1970's 1980's
  6. silversands

Honda ignition panel

Best bet is to look up the OEM part # for that item... get the dealer to write it down for you. Then search that online by that part # and you will likely find a used one at some online parts places/ boat wreckers. Hope that helps.
  7. silversands

To bungee or not to bungee on a downrigger with braid, that is the question?

I used to run no snubber and just tuna cord...but when I take friends out now, I put the Scotty snubber on the downrigger they are using...so they can hit the brake hard and not snap off line. I run my side no snubber.If they are new to running the downrigger or it is set up different from the...
  8. silversands

Single or Double Hook Hoochie

Single..and WAY easier to release unclipped coho or undersize chinook at the side of the boat without net.
  9. silversands

Vintage Spoons?

A buddy of mine and I have a "vintage day" once a year where we just fish vintage flashers/ spoons, plugs. Its pretty fun and shows us the old stuff works pretty darn good if you give them a little time on the water on your line! We dont put any really rare items out..but a few obscure garage...
  10. silversands

Water in tank possibly

Your starter can crank but still have no ignition. They are separate circuits. So perhaps pull a plug and ground it against the block while someone turns the starter and see if you actually have spark at the plug...
  11. silversands

Yamaha 250 throttles down at high RPM

My neighbour had and engine that would die right off and only idle and it was a faulty temperature sensor. Engine was shutting down to protect itself..but engine was fine..just the sensor. So could be oil pressure or temp. sensor gone bad..just some ideas...
  12. silversands

Charlie White tapes

Maybe send to a forum member that could put on youtube or vimeo so we could all watch them? That would be great...
  13. silversands

2019 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Sounds like a fun day. Ya good photo of the fish in the water..dont need those photos of holding up fish when catch and release. You can hold up some whoppers later this summer eh!
  14. silversands

Ling - Out of secret cove?

Yes big ones are fun to reel in, but agree best to leave the bigger female to boost the population. I also have found that bigger and older lings you'll find more worms in the flesh than the smaller ones. Mid size lings seem to be best for eating. Also when jigging lings you'll often get a...
  15. silversands

2019 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Just a reminder..it is illegal to buy or sell fish or prawns caught with a Sport / Recreational license, unless a good friend or neighbour is sharing some for free..hard to get some. Commerical spot prawning will be open soon and you can buy them at few places on the coast in Gibsons and Pender.
  16. silversands

Are AGM batteries worth it?

Yes! Do it. I run twin AGM and never think about my batteries compared to when I had standard. Couple more bucks..totally worth it. Peace of mind and safety.
  17. silversands

Also be sure to check the local fishing regulations. Main area outside Sechelt is 29-1. Rockfish closed year round and ling closed too. Salmon trolling ok,..other nearby area to check regs on are 16 and 17. Ling closed pretty well everywhere till May in those areas. Some salmon around for sure...
  18. silversands

Best Trailer Brand, Price and Dealer

I have been really happy with my galvanized bunk Karavan Trailer. Marlon Recreation in Chilliwack sell them..maybe an island dealer? I have had a few trailers and this disc brake one is the best so far. Fenders are steps into the boat too which is nice. Just throwing out some other options for...
  19. silversands

Buccanneer marina would likely let you launch there (it is pay) and leave your trailer there..maybe give them a ring..?
  20. silversands

Want to Buy Arima

From what I know there was only one ownership change in the lasts 10 years or so...when Arima was bought by Defiance Marine in 2011 if I recall. They just continued the same quality builds and boats..with maybe some modern updates.
Back