Search results

1. NDT

the popemobile is getting tired

Looking great! What antiskid product was used on the floor?
  2. NDT

Growing bacon...

Thanks, Yes, thought I'd try cold smoking first.
  3. NDT

Growing bacon...

Way over do, but finally tried my hand at the first round of bacon. I followed a dry rub recipe posted on this site. Turned out great. Trying a wet brine recipe next since I acquired some pure Apple juice from an orchard friend of mine! This bacon is from one of the he Berkshire I raised.
  4. NDT

Apex lures

Use the 4” black/white apex for dollies on Kootenay lake and the watermelon and blue chrome for coho with good success
  5. NDT

Looking for used truck buying advice

Like most have said, plan ahead when possible. I ended up with duramax as my needs grew. Half ton with a tent and towed the 14 ft tinny. Then the first daughter arrived... one cold night in July at 5500ft in a tent and my wife said no more. Next was the 2500 6L gasser with a small truck camper...
  6. NDT

My work truck is a 6.2 and it hauls butt. Haha
  7. NDT

Diesels are more expensive in repairs then gas engines. You can buy a reman long block gasser for the price of injectors in some diesel applications.I mentioned the 6.0L gasser in an earlier post, loved it, but I’m running a duramax now. I will never go gas again, but I’m bias. The engine...
  8. NDT

See if you can find a Gmc/Chevy 2500/3500 6.0L gasser. I had one for years. I used it exactly how you intend to use it. Not the best mileage, but saved lots of $$ over the diesel. Pulled the camper and boat over many mountain passes. Used to be able to find a low km one for 15-20k. I haven’t...
  9. NDT

Walker Boats version of Cope 23’

I can confirm the gunnels are lower. 30”ish I believe, I’ll have to measure. Like you mentioned, a railing is a must. I do like the fact you can clearly see over the roof while trolling. Edit: read the rest of the posts, 27 3/4”
  10. NDT

Walker Boats version of Cope 23’

That’s a sweet ride, thanks for the pic, it answered my question as to how high the self bailing deck drains are from the water line.
  11. NDT

How to reduce the bouncing/pounding of an aluminum boat

How long ago was that? What model? I spoke to Bruce last year about foam in his current designs. He was against it and recommended creating air tight compartments between the bulkheads.
  12. NDT

Big single vs twin engines fuel consumption comparison

Equal comparison of Yamaha 300 single vs twin 150 on same hull.
  13. NDT

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Seen that exact boat for sale 3-4 years ago for $65000. built by a small shop in WA. Used to be pics on Bonsell Weldings Facebook page. Not sure if they are still there.
  14. NDT

Best Tires for 2500hd 4x4

X2 on the BF KO2’s. got them on the 3500. Great all around tire.
  15. NDT

Growing bacon...

Right on, next time I’m out your way, will be next summer unfortunately, I’ll definitely have to buy some bacon off you. I just talked to another local apple juice orchard company... 1 cent per pound for apple mash from the press. Just covers the cost of his staff to load. Should be good!!
  16. NDT

Growing bacon...

The last 3 weeks I’ve been getting apples, plums , corn, peaches etc from our local orchards. Pigs have been eating it up.
  17. NDT

Growing bacon...

Yes, I did, just need to add it all up and see this weekend.
  18. NDT

Growing bacon...

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. I’ve been in the farm equipment industry for almost 15 years now. All my feed, straw and hay is bought farm direct. I will be expanding the pig pen to a 1/2 acre this winter. I meet with the breeder reserving berkshire piglets this weekend for February.
  19. NDT

What's for dinner tonight ?

Dry rub oven roast chicken quarter with garden grown potatoes. Good ol meat and potatoes haha
  20. NDT

Growing bacon...

Thanks guys, went well for the first round. I will make the bacon and hams one at a time until I find what we like. I researched a recipe @wolf posted a while back. Will try it once elk season is done. I rendered the fat for lard last night. I think it turned out ok. It’s white lol
Back