Search results

1. Netanyahu

Everyday post a photo of a reel you own.

Less sexy than most posts here but it's reels, from my BBQ area on the deck.
  2. Netanyahu

Mosquito creek marina

Sunshine Coast proposal no more boat houses, docks banned or restricted. shíshálh swiya dock management plan (DMP) Add in the full on hate of anything boating or fishing from the federal minds we are in for a windy trip!
  3. Netanyahu

2023 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

OK ! Where to start? Old time good fisher Buddy from the west coast days out of Ukee. I say, come over "F" the ferries you are long retired, just hit the lineup and wait, got the next boat. Shows up, we go! FN0878 said 1-1 for Ho's in area 14 Nice! as long as the weather is GOOD, see the...
  4. Netanyahu

Dejaview! Flat water and lots of bait off Epsom yesterday. High tide was so good! A lot of nets in the air, no unders for us, one just pushing 80, 2 clipped Ho's back to back. Work the contours, find the bait, stay with bait. Went to the slip this AM and fish were coming in from the early...
  5. Netanyahu

Flat water and lots of bait off Epsom yesterday. Relatives kept entertained, 3 springs 2 clipped Ho's
  6. Netanyahu

Pirate has always been a favourite. Used to start mid June for springs before the libs got the hate on for all things boating. If you approach running down from Epsom to the south and cut through between Bertha Island and Thormanby look for seals, if the are thick just before the entrance or...
  7. Netanyahu

No doom and all give me room to fight this one! Today at North Thormanby, Epsom was a washing machine this AM...... so the "ever try the east side of this sandbar"? Sure! that would beat a day watching the trees and local Kitchen creek dry up and die from the balcony. We ride with the wind...
  8. Netanyahu

Jervis Inlet Prawning and Crabbing

Prawning has been steady from the floats in Madeira. They tend come on strong between 1:30-2:00 PM daily. :cool:
  9. Netanyahu

Help rebuilding my tackle collection

Sorry to hear of your loss, Maybe knot funny but with true dope-in-power some possible cheaper options. PM me if you like, I have a bunch of extras to help kick off your new selection. located on the Sunshine coast but can do what I can to help out.
  10. Netanyahu

Motoring from Tofino to Tahsis

My advice do it! Take all precautions as suggested. Reading this bought me back to our July 1993 circumnavigation of Vancouver Island (We still enjoy use of the same 1991 Doral 25.5 Sunbridge, even towed it down to Cabo and did the sea of Cortez) I reread the 1993 logbook and what stood out...
  11. Netanyahu

Howe Sound halibut

Back when we could fish more than a couple of months a year I worked a lot more hours than I do now on the Epsom flats, drop off's and canyons seeking salmon bottom bumping. It is mainly sand (and lost traps) off Epsom. Every year up to 2019 or so we would encounter a Hali. I say encounter...
  12. Netanyahu

2022 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

So staycation time, Flat waters, possible action on the low tide? Push off 10:30ish. Just a good day to be on the brine. No real expectations. Jig a bit for ling, just unders so off to Epsom. Lots of Ho's none clipped.... 2 under springs sent packing, hey back to a ling jig, swimbait queen...
  13. Netanyahu

Favorite picture from 2022 salmon season

OK I'll Bite! My fave is the hatch ho.... ;)
  14. Netanyahu

Don't give up just yet, not my fish but saw 2 nice photos of large high teens Monday caught off Texada. I waited out the wind, did Epsom Monday 2 boxed 63, 64. Some Hos' but all giving me the fin. Good luck when you go.
  15. Netanyahu

Crabbing fundamentals

Try Amazon for hog rings: For plastic dog fencing Canadian tire garden center comes in a roll, make a 12X12 square and fold corner to corner. Eden Farms 3/8" Stainless Steel Hog Rings, USA Made, for Crab pots, Cages, Traps, Fencing, Sausage Casings, etc.
  16. Netanyahu

Crabbing fundamentals

I make my own holders with stainless hog rings and plastics dog fence, fill them with every part left after cleaning salmon. Put a zap strap on the bottom so it freezes in place ready to attach to the bottom of a weighted trap, put in a bag and freeze until ready to set. Sunshine coast crab...
  17. Netanyahu

Snuck out in the wind off Epsom yesterday for a quick afternoon look. Lumpy but wife boxed a decent one, one wild Coho in with the mix of unders we released. All on bait 100-125. Hope to try again this weekend if wind permits.
  18. Netanyahu

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Sadly we lost Jerry Mercer in March, the family is still doing a fantastic job of looking alter all of us locals and... the summer influx. I know they pride themselves in being one of the last old school marinas with live bait! They were out of their famous (to me) frozen herring when I checked...
  19. Netanyahu

Hit Sangster today, dropped in @10:45 ish big expectations ............. One hit? bait happening but not like the old days, nothing, the only other Gangster @ Sangster working the area had no nets in the air, OK, fish them up! off to Upwood after the tide, Yay! 2 cookies that fit the Trudeau...
  20. Netanyahu

Two seniors snuck out yesterday, did not worry about time or tides. Rewarded with calm seas, Epsom herring, lots of under action, one for the table. Crabs were good with 7 keepers, lings all under.....
Back