Search results

1. C

Prawn question.

Anybody know what the tiny prawn looking items are that get into the bait jars. They are just everywhere by the hundreds. This is in Alberni Inlet. Was thinking they are indeed baby shrimp or prawns. Anybody??
  2. C

2023 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

I believe the inlet is closed for everything for sporties from Bilton to Chup Pt.
  3. C

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Lose the flasher with spoons. No need. We never used them. Retired Troller.
  4. C

access to Minnie Lake and Stoney Lake

Was there a decision on the appeal yet ??
  5. C

2020 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

And that is a HUGE game changer.
  6. C

Ottawa Says No Fish For You

Not saying they are not nice people. Just saying what the courts have ruled and not looking good for you or the fish.
  7. C

Ottawa Says No Fish For You

The Canadian Courts have ruled the natives have every right to fish and hunt anywhere, anytime, anyplace and all natives have the legal right to sell there catch. Unless that court decision can be changed this whole discussion is going nowhere, in actual fact it is only going to get way worse. I...
  8. C

Suzuki 140

I have the 140 on my 21 aluminum hard top. I am constantly impressed by everything. Super quiet, starts instantly every time after months of sitting so economic it is almost unbelievable. Maybe it is the best outboard ever made. Am I wrong or is that possibly a real true statement? Anybody with me?
  9. C

Commercial prawn barclay sound

So at this point for 2020 there is no closing date for sport prawning. Is that correct? I can't see anything is notices.
  10. C

Where'd all the prawns go? A newby quandary.

I live on Alberni Inlet and mayby the fact the natives have been commercially prawning 24 /7 all winter would have something to do with it.
  11. C

March 31 - July 15 Salmon Restrictions

Bottom Line INDIANS RULE AND WILL BE MAKING THE RULES. That has been coming for a long time and now it is here. That decision has already been made in the Supreme Court of Canada. so forget about taking anybody to court. The only way to change it is through a vote in Parliament and that...
  12. C

Mosaic Blocks Lake Stocking Access

I believe it is called " the right to roam" the Merritt Fish and Game won after a long battle with Douglas Lake Ranch like Nog said. This has been going on for years on VI with logging companies and their so called Private forest land that they should never have got to have from the E and N...
  13. C

2020 Chinook

Flake comes to mind!
  14. C

Prawn Limit Decreased to 125 April 1st 2020

Not something most of us would ever do but there is all kinds of people out there looking to find a way to beat the rules. The biggest problem is they have made two sets of rules which is just causing resentment and lots of hard feelings.
  15. C

So if I am in motor home registered to a FN and limits have been exceeded what then?
  16. C

Bottom line guys. THE NATIVES ARE RUNNING THE DFO. They will be getting our quota and much more plus they will have their own rules which is no rules.
  17. C

How Effective are SKRW Sanctuaries...Really?

Oh and I guess our engine noise messes up their sonar way more than the Navy's ongoing under water sonar signals. The whole thing is a story of Liberal ********.
  18. C

Local lake water temperatures

Anybody ever fish Quamichan anymore or has the alge depleted all the oxygen?
  19. C

2019 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Always wonder why the Feds like to call Salmon pieces. Seems kinda degrading. Par for the course I guess.
Back