Search results

1. Docmedia

2019 Sooke Reports

Hi there, I am wondering if someone can clarify for me, is west of Otter Pt. closed now for SRKW. The BC fishing app states a Finfish closure for 20-5, but there is no description of the boundary on the app. Have heard lots of boats are fishing west Otter, but then I found the detailed map here...
  2. Docmedia

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just back from a 3 day trip to Bamfield with 5 buddies. The fishing was a real rollercoaster of emotion from hours-long sessions without a sniff, to absolute chaos with multiple fish in super short windows. Between 6 guys, we caught 24 spring and 9 coho. Springs ranged from 10-23 lbs, and we...
  3. Docmedia

2018 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Hey is there flake-ice available at Mills Landing for non-guests? Or should we pack a cooler in Victoria to bring? We're staying at Woods-End. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
  4. Docmedia

Action Required - Potential Fin FIsh Closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure for SRKW

Thanks for the link, feedback given, man this is getting rediculous!
  5. Docmedia

2018 Sidney Reports

Love that fish bonker!
  6. Docmedia

2018 Sidney Reports

Not sure if anyone here was planning to fish the Red Can to the Spit on the weekend - but it was nearly impossible... There were literally hundreds of floats in that stretch this morning...it looks kind of out of control...not sure why this year is so insane. Also tons of traps at the Powder...
  7. Docmedia

2017 Pender Bluffs

After doing well this past weekend at the Bluffs, we were hoping for more of the same. We were out there tonight from 5:45 pm - 8:00 pm. Saw lots on the sounder, but no love for us. Didn't see any nets either. We fished anchovie, spoons, and pink hootchie, without a sniff.
  8. Docmedia

2017 Sidney Reports

Well today was a different story for us from Sunday. We were out 5:30-8:00 am jigging at the spit again, and this time drew a blank. Not much going on the sounder (compared to previous days recently). We did see another guy land a small spring jigging also. We did have a bizarre experience...
  9. Docmedia

2017 Sidney Reports

Had a great day out there this AM, went 5 for 6 with a couple of buddies jigging at the spit. 6-12 lbs. Masses of bait and birds everywhere!
  10. Docmedia

2017 Sidney Reports

Great night in Sidney channel last night, we played 8 fish in a matter of 2.5 hrs. Was out with my 5 year old daughter and a buddy, high slack! Went 3 for 8, and had to contend with some seals, but it was a total blast. Feels fishy this year! 15, 9, 8lbs.
  11. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

Yes they were fishing Sidney Spit and started at 6 am. 80 ft on the rigger using squirts. Hope it wasn't just a one-off!
  12. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

Apparently fishing was on fire yesterday in Sidney! Three buddies on separate boats all got their limits and were done by 9 am. Can anyone confirm? Of course I was helping a friend move yesterday :confused:! I was just stoked to hear some positive reports for our area!
  13. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

We were out for a short fish on Father's day 2:30 - 4:30 in the Sidney Channel / Powder Wharf, and then a troll up and around Sidney Spit. Nothing for us either. I have a friend who was out yesterday and they got into a couple of fish about an hour after the tide change (10:30) at Sidney Spit...
  14. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

Were you anchored up around D'arcy and Hamley or drifting? I'm interested in trying this area too! Thx.
  15. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

Fished Coal last night from 5:00-8:30 with no success. We were marking fish in the back-eddies created by the huge flood yesterday, but not even a sniff. We tried AP Anchovy, coho killers, white hoochies and glow-green coyote spoons. Was very windy and was even picking up when we pulled the pin...
  16. Docmedia

2016 Port Renfrew Reports

We ran quite a ways west in the morning, just past Nitnat, I think the guide said 20 miles from port. We were inshore, though not super close probably 3 km off the shoreline while we were fishing Hali. Then we zipped in closer for the springs which were all caught at "Hole in the Wall". We...
  17. Docmedia

2016 Port Renfrew Reports

I was just up to Renfrew with a few friends yesterday. We fished out of the new Pacific Gateway Marina which is an awesome place. They just paved yesterday, and it looks great. We were fishing with Hindsight Charters and had a pretty great day with John Wells' aprentice Quinn, and we got into...
  18. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

Was out early Sunday with a buddy to our Hali spot and got one 30 lbs on a glow squid with salmon belly towards Pender. My friend was ecstatic, and so was his wife! Nice when everything works out as planned. Also went out to Constance Friday (I know not Sidney) and we limited out with four up...
  19. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

Similar story for us today as well... Minus the fish part. Fished 6:00 - 1:00 at Fairfax along with approx. 50 other boats. We did not see one net the entire time there. Moved over to Satellite Channel after the tide-change and continued our search. Nothing to show for our efforts but a whole...
  20. Docmedia

2016 Sidney

Nice work THX good fish for sure, I'm heading out tomorrow afternoon, what time was that fish eating dinner?:)
Back