2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Out for slack tide this morning. Got a 22# at Gerald Island. 3" Outfitter Gforce. 90/110. 2.8kts. Chartreuse Lemon Lime flasher.

Ripped over to Sangster. One under, then a 10# clipped, was a bleeder so took it home. Same 3" Outfitter Gforce, but 135/190, 3kts.

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_0925342.jpg
    IMG_20180521_0925342.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 122
Fished 6:30 to 8:30 last night in front of FC. Got a 9lber right away at 147' on a pesca spoon. Then maybe one other bite until around 8 when we dropped the lines down and picked up a 13lber on the same spoon.

Was out yeaterday from 2-5 with wife and little girl managed one keeper on bottom on chovie and got 6 other coho to boat with a successful release both riggers at 195/220 on the 200 contour line can't seem to find a 20 yet ...chovie and Irish cream or splatter back hoochie

Was out yesterday am. Half dozen shakers. 20 lb 100ft down in 300 ft water on silver and blue spoon. 30.2 lb 180 ft down in 300 ft water on irish cream spoon. Done by 10am.

Reactions: Che
30.2 lb 180 ft down in 300 ft water on irish cream spoon. Done by 10am.

A cat's whisker in to Tyee'dom and no pic?! ;)

There's some decent sized fish coming in to the dock. Heard of a couple high teeners yesterday too.

Oh Sure, show us a picture. This is awesome. Good work.
The big fish are coming in.

Fishing has been quite decent on the evening tide off Nanoose in past few days. Spoons from 157 to 177 feet is working. Beauty weather conditions to round things out nicely. Seeing a few more hatchery fish than prior weeks as well, so I'm guessing the Puget Sound hatchery program has been a lot more successful than predicted.

Fishing has been quite decent on the evening tide off Nanoose in past few days. Spoons from 157 to 177 feet is working. Beauty weather conditions to round things out nicely. Seeing a few more hatchery fish than prior weeks as well, so I'm guessing the Puget Sound hatchery program has been a lot more successful than predicted.

I guess Canada's wild fish policy is in effect?

I'm guessing the Puget Sound hatchery program has been a lot more successful than predicted.

Not too sure they're Puget fish. Hopefully I get an email back on the heads I've put in at the FC store. Hope to throw a few more in the bucket this year.

Not too sure they're Puget fish. Hopefully I get an email back on the heads I've put in at the FC store. Hope to throw a few more in the bucket this year.

Yeah I think that BonChovy out of Vancouver posted their hatchery head or avid angler DNA results from some April/May fish caught in the Gabriola to Bowen area and it was surprising how many were out of east coast Vancouver Island hatcheries, Big Qualicum, Puntledge, Cowichan, not from the US. I would be interested to see some results from French Creek/Lasqueti fish.

Here is the @Oh Sure tyee pic. Couple of fatties!

Congrats bud, just a matter of time before I have my own tyee on here!

5BF86635-5855-45A8-B4D6-AE8325FF7E80.jpeg

Man, I hope that wasn’t the “touching the Stanley cup before winning it” of fishing. I was trying to help a brotha out. Please send good karma my way people!

I guess Canada's wild fish policy is in effect?
Lol. U can bet the usual response from our Liberal masters in Ottawa will be to manage recreational fisheries to zero. Just like the provincial government did with steelhead. Bring more and more restrictions on Rec fishing and spend less and less attention and resources on actually putting more fish in the water. Typical and this Liberal government doesn’t comprehend the socio-economic value the Rec fishery brings to Canada. Sickening.

I put all mine in. Prior years they are mostly US fish.

Back