Slot Restrictions coming to Campbell River?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverBoy

I have it on pretty good authority DFO is looking at slot restrictions for Area 13. I’m hearing max size 85 cm and possibly only one chinook per day. Im unsure if this is going to be a “window” such as our friends are enduring on the south island; otherwise this could impact the Tyee Pool. DFO is supposedly posting a Fisheries Notice on or around June 8th.? Anyone else hear anything?

I sincerely hope my source has been misinformed.

Edit: sorry i posted this before reading on another thread about possible coast wide restrictions. guess we’ll find out soon enough....

Rumour mill is going full tilt.
I am suddenly receiving similar messages.
Too bad that is how dfo operates.

The tyee pool is a terminal fishery for CR stock. I would say I’m 90% certain it will be unaffected by restrictions ment to target Fraser river stock.

The same goes for all terminal fisheries.

The tyee pool is a terminal fishery for CR stock. I would say I’m 90% certain it will be unaffected by restrictions ment to target Fraser river stock.

The same goes for all terminal fisheries.

Quiet you. Can't you see that people are trying to create an emotionally connected panic that the sky is falling and everything has gone to hell in a handcart.

There is already another thread dealing with this and this one took all of an hour to go off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back