WTB short ethernet cable 2'-3' or.....

Klysons

I need to link 2 units and am short 1 cable. Please let me know if you have 1 for sale. Even 6' would be ok.

I will check in my drawer of cables when home. Are you just looking for a basic cable like an RJ45? Do you need it to be a crossover cable (traditionally yellow) or just a regular old "fat phone jack" type RJ45?

If I have.....you can have it, just pay for mailing it to you.

I am in Alberta, pay with paypal and USPS works just great here if that works for you?

You are in Alberta and willing to pay with Paypal and USPS (United States Postal Shipping) on a cable that can purchased locally or on Amazon for about $5.00.

Something does not seem right about this..

You are in Alberta and willing to pay with Paypal and USPS (United States Postal Shipping) on a cable that can purchased locally or on Amazon for about $5.00.

I was kind of wondering the same......in saying that I am happy to ship one of the cables I have at your cost. @Klysons These are the ones I have....8 pin "Ethernet cable"; depending on what you are looking to connect perhaps these won't work?

Yellow crossover is about 4' and grey Ethernet is about 5.5'

IMG_20180523_185415.jpg IMG_20180523_185429.jpg

Well inspector Cluseau what I find on amazon.ca shows they are more like 69.99 and take a month to ship. I am leaving for Prince Rupert Sunday was hoping to find one either on the way or to get one mailed. I am willing to pay. Either way thanks for well nothing I guess other than your thinly veiled insult. It's the round plugs I need.

Well inspector Cluseau what I find on amazon.ca shows they are more like 69.99 and take a month to ship. I am leaving for Prince Rupert Sunday was hoping to find one either on the way or to get one mailed. I am willing to pay. Either way thanks for well nothing I guess other than your thinly veiled insult. It's the round plugs I need.

I am thinking that what you are looking for is a more specialized cable if that is the price? Regardless....if either of the above work you are welcome to them.

EDIT***** Okay.....just saw your pic. That is NOT a regular Ethernet cable. That is much more specialized for whatever you are connecting.

Thanks Pippen, everything I find online calls them an ethernet cable, I know what you mean about RJ5 I have the crimper here, I wish it were that easy. Thanks anyway.

Thanks Pippen, everything I find online calls them an ethernet cable, I know what you mean about RJ5 I have the crimper here, I wish it were that easy. Thanks anyway.

Those cables with the round connectors are called Simrad cables, if that helps with your search.

He is correct in looking for an ethernet cable for his Lowrance units. Sorry I dont have one but hopefully someone dont send you a cat5 internet jack cable lol

Down boy. If you'd posted that picture and description in the first place, the rest of us wouldn't have been assuming you were looking for a good old garden variety RJ 45 ethernet cable.

Down boy. If you'd posted that picture and description in the first place, the rest of us wouldn't have been assuming you were looking for a good old garden variety RJ 45 ethernet cable.

Down boy?
When a dog barks at me I sometimes bark back which is fine, we don't need a referee, thanks.
Are we done with the snotty comments now?

From what I’ve seen on this forum without any direct contact with Capilano is that he’s a pretty decent guy.
He even re-posted to help you after your jackassy inspector Cluseau comment.
At first I thought I’d help you out with the cable your looking for as I think it’s hanging in my shed.
But it seems you’ve been the one with the snotty comments.

From what I’ve seen on this forum without any direct contact with Capilano is that he’s a pretty decent guy.
He even re-posted to help you after your jackassy inspector Cluseau comment.
At first I thought I’d help you out with the cable your looking for as I think it’s hanging in my shed.
But it seems you’ve been the one with the snotty comments.

Whatever helps you sleep at night sport. I asked if anyone would sell me one and got the 'something smells fishy' reply which of course turned me off. But thanks for the hollow and pointless reply.

I asked if anyone would sell me one and got the 'something smells fishy' reply which of course turned me off. But thanks for the hollow and pointless reply.

@Klysons. Based on your initial posts yesterday which was devoid of any details on the exact type of cable required and an offer to pay with Paypal, it raised some flags. As we all are all too well aware, there are scammers and spammers everywhere - including this very forum, of which I am sure Admin will attest to. Now that we know what type of cable you are/were looking for and your request to purchase one was genuine, I think we can all lay this matter to rest. Hope you found a suitable cable and good luck on your trip to Prince Rupert.

@Klysons. Based on your initial posts yesterday which was devoid of any details on the exact type of cable required and an offer to pay with Paypal, it raised some flags. As we all are all too well aware, there are scammers and spammers everywhere - including this very forum, of which I am sure Admin will attest to. Now that we know what type of cable you are/were looking for and your request to purchase one was genuine, I think we can all lay this matter to rest. Hope you found a suitable cable and good luck on your trip to Prince Rupert.

Capilano I apologize for both not having enough information and barking back. Like most I do not like being accused no matter how subtly of being a scammer.
Raising flags trying to prepay for a cheap cable? I wasn't asking to borrow money to fix a boat lol.
Now that we are all on the same page, I agree for sure about online scammers, but I can assure any of the naysayers I am not from Nigeria, I was not looking to steal a cable, and if anyone looks at my reply which says 'I am in Alberta, pay with paypal and USPS works just great here if that works for you?' I still hold to that.
I don't think we need a bunch of guys continuing to chime in with 'I have them but you can't because you spoke your mind'.
If someone has one I would definately prepay with paypal, there are none here. If you are in Canada I would pay e-transfer.
Where I am in Alberta it is a 22 hour+ drive to get to the coast, there aren't a lot of salt water ready fishing stores nearby lol.
Fishinhole can special order them in, for an additional $25 on top of the $75 for a 15' cable, but I need 2-3' and 6' max.
They tried for half an hour to tell me what I needed was an extension cable with male and female ends. No.
I have a 15' one hooked up now just to get by but it is ridiculous using that much cable spooled up behind the unit.
I am linking 2 Lowrance HDS Gen 3 units and the round yellow ends are the ones I need, SIMRAD, like the one shown.
Thanks again everyone for the helpful information and again, if I offended anyone please accept my apology.

Back