SOOKE SEAPEN PROJECT OPEN HOUSE!!! MAY 19

wolf

Hello everyone SVIAC and the Sooke harbor resort and marina are going to host a open house on may 19 from 1 to 3 pm
We are going to have a raffle Ive managed to get some nice kid rods and reels and some adults prizes as well.

Rugged coast is going to donate one of his special metal art as well.

I personally will be cooking up some hot dogs for everyone.

WE really want you to bring the kids out and help feed the fish. Glen the Pen and salmon guru will be there to asnwer the questions at the pen and to learn why we are doing this great project .

Going to be just a FUN event ,I would really like to see you all to come down and show support for or fish for the future any questions please pm me or email me
here is the FB event

https://www.facebook.com/events/612091815794493/

Hope to see you there !!!!!!

WOLF

Page 2 of today's Times Colonist makes mention of this open house Roy. No mention of SVIAC involvement in the story. The TC got a statement from Dan Kukat of Springtide Whale watching and Eco tours though. I guess any press is good press but the tone and tenor of the article implies (to my mind anyway) that the whale watching industry is leading this initiative.

At least it got reported
also at 330 on cfax for a 30 mins Chris is on along with with Dan Kukat and Michael Harris talking about the project and the open house.
I hope some of you can attend ..

Thanks again to Wolf who spearheaded this open house! Great to see concerned and motivated citizens trying to improve survival for the endangered orcas and Chinook populations!

Well I for one say congratulations to everyone who pitched in here. These net pen projects are the future. Not hatcheries. The pens are cheaper and very effective at raising big healthy salmon right in the ocean

Well I for one say congratulations to everyone who pitched in here. These net pen projects are the future. Not hatcheries. The pens are cheaper and very effective at raising big healthy salmon right in the ocean

and the salmon for the pens come from where?

Back