Sky rocketing fuel prices

I thought BC did not need Alberta oil and Gas? now its saying any supply disruption would cause irreparable harm. This is starting to get embarrassing

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-statement-of-claim-1.4673252

The B.C. government argues in the statement of claim that a significant amount of gas and diesel consumed in the province comes from Alberta.

"A significant disruption in the supply of gasoline, diesel, and crude oil from Alberta to British Columbia would cause British Columbia irreparable harm," the statement of claim says.

about 60 % of bc's refined fuels come from alberta and about 10% from washington st. refiners.
vancouver also pays .17 /l of gas in transit tax plus B.C. pays one of the highest carbon taxes (next to montreal) in the country on gas. with with the cost of transporting the gas here plus transit and carbon tax we will pretty much always have the priciest fuel.

it's comical when horgan says well we'll just import more fuel from across the border if alberta slows down supplies. well 80-90% of that fuel produced in washington comes right down the coast by tanker from alaska, ain't that the cat's butt. plus you have that moron governor of wash st saying he opposes the km pipeline but he brings his energy supplies in by tanker no problem, tff

bc today launched a lawsuit in alberta against albertas new law to enable it to cut bc supplies.

if I was the ceo of km I wouldn't go ahead with the pipeline and I would sue the butt off the bc govt for every penny spent on this project plus damages for time wasted.

I firmly believe if it was up to horgan and he had a majority govt this project would be well along it's way by now, the greens have him by the balls and are squeezing hard after he approved site c and lng, they can't let him go 3 for 3.

I thought BC did not need Alberta oil and Gas? now its saying any supply disruption would cause irreparable harm. This is starting to get embarrassing

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-statement-of-claim-1.4673252

The B.C. government argues in the statement of claim that a significant amount of gas and diesel consumed in the province comes from Alberta.

"A significant disruption in the supply of gasoline, diesel, and crude oil from Alberta to British Columbia would cause British Columbia irreparable harm," the statement of claim says.

Wrong...... BC is asking the courts if they can regulate what comes out of the pipe on this end like dilbit. Notice that BC has not passed any law or made any regulation. They are only asking a question. Alberta is passing a law that regulates what can go into the pipe like gas and diesel.
In the BC court case it will be BC ver Alberta & the Feds in the second case it will be BC & the Feds ver Alberta.
BC will lose because It's the Feds that control what comes out of the pipe and Alberta will lose because it's the Feds that control what goes into the pipe. Theater at it's finest but enough to get the attention of those that like shiny things. Meanwhile dilbit finds a new customer. LOOP.
http://blogs.platts.com/2018/05/22/...l&hootPostID=77fb9859e2ebe54413dcb2bde2457e18

about 60 % of bc's refined fuels come from alberta and about 10% from washington st. refiners.
vancouver also pays .17 /l of gas in transit tax plus B.C. pays one of the highest carbon taxes (next to montreal) in the country on gas. with with the cost of transporting the gas here plus transit and carbon tax we will pretty much always have the priciest fuel.

it's comical when horgan says well we'll just import more fuel from across the border if alberta slows down supplies. well 80-90% of that fuel produced in washington comes right down the coast by tanker from alaska, ain't that the cat's butt. plus you have that moron governor of wash st saying he opposes the km pipeline but he brings his energy supplies in by tanker no problem, tff

bc today launched a lawsuit in alberta against albertas new law to enable it to cut bc supplies.

if I was the ceo of km I wouldn't go ahead with the pipeline and I would sue the butt off the bc govt for every penny spent on this project plus damages for time wasted.

I firmly believe if it was up to horgan and he had a majority govt this project would be well along it's way by now, the greens have him by the balls and are squeezing hard after he approved site c and lng, they can't let him go 3 for 3.
Greens will support the NDP as long as the NDP supports Proportional Representation. Weaver can bluster and he and his two cronies can pretend to be something other than NDP Lite, but they need proportional representation to increase their power and the only way it’s going to happen is with NDP support. Horgan could call his bluff if he really wanted!

Kinder Morgan can not start construction until NEB gives them the green light. KM must submit detailed pipeline routes and then give NEB 6 months to review. NEB is still waiting for some of those detail pipeline routes. If I was an investor, I'm not, I would be asking why those detailed pipeline routes have not been submitted to NEB. KM said they want to begin construction but can't because of BC. Seems to me that they aren't being truthful.

Wrong...... BC is asking the courts if they can regulate what comes out of the pipe on this end like dilbit. Notice that BC has not passed any law or made any regulation. They are only asking a question. Alberta is passing a law that regulates what can go into the pipe like gas and diesel.
In the BC court case it will be BC ver Alberta & the Feds in the second case it will be BC & the Feds ver Alberta.
BC will lose because It's the Feds that control what comes out of the pipe and Alberta will lose because it's the Feds that control what goes into the pipe. Theater at it's finest but enough to get the attention of those that like shiny things. Meanwhile dilbit finds a new customer. LOOP.
http://blogs.platts.com/2018/05/22/...l&hootPostID=77fb9859e2ebe54413dcb2bde2457e18

BC going to the courts is nothing more than a stalling tactic to wear KM out. Alberta passed the law as a stick so that there are consequences for the actions. Over 15 Billion a year is being lost due to that jack &$$.

Restrictions on what type of hydrocarbons can flow through a pipeline is rediculos in every way. The irony Is,,,,, just a loss for words.... He wants to restrict (dictate) what flows through the pipelines & then sues Alberta for responding to do the same.???

With $70/bbl (USA dollars or ~100 Can per barrel) Alberta can more than afford an lawsuit & will play it in court as long as needed.

He has also help fuel a fire between 2 provinces that have a history of tight friendships. It’s all being done due to a vocal Minority.

People can talk about a perfect world we’re we all wake up and only use solar panels... That’s great & hope we get there. But in the mean time we are talking about Thousands or Family’s. Nothing will destroy a family like loss of Incomes. No one should ever wish that on a fellow Canadian.

When I was in Victoria I amazed at how great everyone I met was. Before leaving I was actually very nervous due to the current climate. When I met people and they asked where home was,,, & I responded with Calgary the only comment was how can I handle the cold. I never had one issiue with anyone. This makes me think the majority of radicals are not your everyday people.

Lastly, buying fuel from USA is just terrible. We should be supporting our fellow Canadians when ever we can. I drove to Victoria to buy a boat. I bought Bauer prawn traps, Scotty downriggers. I never buy tackle from the big box stores. Always Harbour Chandler, or Berry’s etc. It’s not always the cheapest, but it’s the Bet way.

Last edited:
Any play on words, laws, and all other things BC has done is only a stall tactic and all BS. BC has become the laughing stock of the world on many subjects due to Horgan and his 3 green coalition. Remember the total LIE on the grizzly hunt fiasco, new business tax rates (last week). We are going down (sinking) fast and all thanks to our current fools who were never a voted in Government. Met a couple the other day who have sold here in Vic, they explained and amazed me at what 1 million buys in Manitoba.

HM

...We are going down (sinking) fast and all thanks to our current fools who were never a voted in Government. Met a couple the other day who have sold here in Vic, they explained and amazed me at what 1 million buys in Manitoba.

HM
B.C. , love it or leave it.
Manitoba? Really? You can always stoop to pick up nothing.

If someone sell in Vic to move to Manitoba then its head examining time. And I am from there. LOL they aren't that same at all. Just remember you have to pay for that snow removal and your furnace bill isnt 200 a month.

When I was in Victoria I amazed at how great everyone I met was. Before leaving I was actually very nervous due to the current climate. When I met people and they asked where home was,,, & I responded with Calgary the only comment was how can I handle the cold. I never had one issiue with anyone. This makes me think the majority of radicals are not your everyday people.

That is because Victorians are polite. Where the politeness ends is when some oil bullies have no problem jeopardizing our coast with tanker spills for their benefits. Who do you think will have to live with a forever ruined coast, gummed up with bitumen? Some red neck Albertans or BC residents? Albertans will just shrug their shoulders and move on. We will have to live with the mess left behind. Only few people here have a problem with the actual pipeline. The issue is the 7 fold tanker traffic through a treacherous coastline with unique wildlife and dense population.

Met a couple the other day who have sold here in Vic, they explained and amazed me at what 1 million buys in Manitoba.

HM

Good! Frees up real estate in a super tight market! What I find funny is that I talked to several retired and relocated Albertans out here and they don't want the increased tanker traffic either! lol They were happy to make the money in the oil patch but now that it may threaten their retirement dream it is a no no. Maybe Horgan should buy Notley a house on Galiano Island. She might actually understand. Maybe not.

Hell I am off to North island to launch boat, cross to mainland and look for a monster bear x2, then relax, fish, fish and fish some more. Love BC and paid crazy high gas price because I have to to play. Just wish we had a Government that see's it a little as I do, current is on another planet.

As for Manitoba, just think, 800+ acres you can groom to grow monster deer, 3000sq/ft custom home, all the special additions and toys and 500K invested as cash flow=s no work and time to live/play. Snow is no issue with a tractor? or enough money for a nice winter home someplace warm? Tantalizing, a hunt in Africa yearly?????? It was neat hearing someone else's point on life.

HM

I shudder to think how many millions has been spent by KM on just trying to get this **** show off the road and could all be for naught. Who in their right mind would build a refinery around here...THATS gunna help price.

(Not so) Secretly, many anti fossil fuel ppl love seeing the high prices and KM drama. Helps the image of their utterly failed alternate sources, and that’s saying something So seeing as taking advantage of cheap abundant fuel to be able to invest in a worthy cause is what makes sense, the Oil haters are cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Kinder Morgan can not start construction until NEB gives them the green light. KM must submit detailed pipeline routes and then give NEB 6 months to review. NEB is still waiting for some of those detail pipeline routes. If I was an investor, I'm not, I would be asking why those detailed pipeline routes have not been submitted to NEB. KM said they want to begin construction but can't because of BC. Seems to me that they aren't being truthful.

You want them to spend millions on detailed drawings? on a project that's being held up in court indefinitely? Doesn't sound like a good place to put capex to me. These days most thing get built without detailed drawings and are lucky if as built drawings even get done. The detailed drawings will get done when it's guaranteed to get built and approved. KM has had to issue billions of dollars in bonds to raise funds for the project. They have to pay millions on interest on these bonds, as a shareholder i would want this project to get built or to pay back the bonds so the senseless interest payments stop.

If someone sell in Vic to move to Manitoba then its head examining time. And I am from there.

Yep BC economy is built on importing people, It's our main business is construction. Wiping out wetlands, flattening farm land for subdivision culverting salmon streams and runoff, wiping out our forests.

It's not necessarily a good thing when everyone in asia/east asia and canada want to move to BC.

As someone said on the FWR forum and i totally agree with "When they close the ENTIRE skeena watershed to recreational salmon fishing in an area of less than 50k people.....what kind of pipe dream says we'll ever have any sort of reliable yearly fishery on the Fraser in an area of over 2 million people? The natives have claimed the scraps....are we looking for the scraps of the scraps.....is there even such thing as scraps of scraps?"

I for one have no pity for the oh so poor oil company that may have misspeculated a few millions, even billions. No sympathy here whatsoever. Funny to read the last breaths of ranting by oil supporters in a world rapidly changing finally away from burning oil!

Hell I am off to North island to launch boat, cross to mainland and look for a monster bear x2, then relax, fish, fish and fish some more. Love BC and paid crazy high gas price because I have to to play. Just wish we had a Government that see's it a little as I do, current is on another planet.

As for Manitoba, just think, 800+ acres you can groom to grow monster deer, 3000sq/ft custom home, all the special additions and toys and 500K invested as cash flow=s no work and time to live/play. Snow is no issue with a tractor? or enough money for a nice winter home someplace warm? Tantalizing, a hunt in Africa yearly?????? It was neat hearing someone else's point on life.

HM

You need to live there first spend 5 years and come back and tell me same thing. You never experienced cold until you spent a winter there.

HM
Monster deer and Monster Mosquitoes that you can use a 12 gauge on! Who needs skeet! Lol

Back