Sky rocketing fuel prices

Yup, I don't like it but this is the world we live in. Part of me hopes gas in the southern half of the province not just the LM goes to $3-$5 this summer. So many on this board will get what they want, less pressure on stocks, less busy water ways, less fuel sold and miles driven, less emissions, less profit for the evil "big oil", too bad about all the negative side effects of losing the unrestricted access to cheap energy we've all become accustomed to and the inevitable increases on consumer goods across the board, which will equal less tourism and guide days. It'll also affect the price of everything coming from and going to Alberta from BC's ports, all of it's imports and exports, everyone needs to smarten up and realize how symbiotic all of us are.
Yeah, people fail to realize transportation costs for anything shipped in and out of Vancouver and Rupert will likely rise substantially to cover fuel costs and not just BC will feel the pain. It won’t be just BC paying the price if fuel goes up, every truck heading through BC with a load will pass on the additional costs.Alberta and east will pay more for imported goods and of course pay more to get their exports to the coast. Not a great plan for any Canadians who import anything from Asia or ship exports to Asia. Fuel costs always get passed on.

I agree, EVs are still too expensive because they are still a niche. If the governments of the western world would agree to a soon mandatory switch, manufacturers would crank up production knowing there will soon be a safe market and technology will leap and prices drastically drop so that even low income people could afford an EV. History has shown the capacity of rapid change an advancement many times - during wars. Suddenly airplanes flew where a few years prior no one believed this would be possible, think submarines, rockets, nuclear power .... not consumer driven advances but through politics. Look at Brazil in the 70s, communist government during oil crisis, the communist dictators wanted to break with US and oil dependency. They announced that immediately most vehicles have to run on self-produced ethanol. Car manufacturers cried foul: "impossible to implement so fast, pipe dream, going to ruin the economy and country, everyone will be unemployed and not get anywhere!". In typical dictator fashion the communists stuck to their guns and look look, short time later >90% of brazilian vehicles were converted. Wasn't a big deal and didn't cause the world to end. Now, the communists still ruined the country and economy but that is another story. It can be done, the technology is there, it just needs a little political boost to overcome the obstacles set up by the oil industry who wants you to believe this is impossible, in order to cling on to their power. I say let's have some balls and push them aside to open the doors for a new era. I for one am eying up the new Mitsubishi plug-in hybrid SUV for my towing vehicle replacement soon. Will drive on E mode in city and on the weekend when towing the boat use a bit of gas still. When that vehicle is written off in say 8-10 years there will likely be plenty full E vehicles with lots of power and range. Also, as soon as a realistic alternative power outboard is out, you can bet I switch. Mobility of humans will stay but the mode of propulsion will shift. I hope rather sooner than later!

I just read that the chinese government introduced a mandatory quota for E vehicles! Why is it always the communist dictators that have the balls!? lol
Anyway, apparently the German car manufacturers are taking note and are prepared to service this huge new market (several hundred million vehicles). Now when the German engineering puts its mind to something you can bet there will be some progress (even if they cheat a bit here and there!) and you can also bet that the japs don't want to fall behind. Those sort of impulses we need to move ahead, I just wished the Canadians would be front and center of this inevitable change and could later look back proudly as one of the pioneering nations. No hope to look down south right now. But that also will change in time again.

I agree, EVs are still too expensive because they are still a niche. If the governments of the western world would agree to a soon mandatory switch, manufacturers would crank up production knowing there will soon be a safe market and technology will leap and prices drastically drop so that even low income people could afford an EV. History has shown the capacity of rapid change an advancement many times - during wars. Suddenly airplanes flew where a few years prior no one believed this would be possible, think submarines, rockets, nuclear power .... not consumer driven advances but through politics. Look at Brazil in the 70s, communist government during oil crisis, the communist dictators wanted to break with US and oil dependency. They announced that immediately most vehicles have to run on self-produced ethanol. Car manufacturers cried foul: "impossible to implement so fast, pipe dream, going to ruin the economy and country, everyone will be unemployed and not get anywhere!". In typical dictator fashion the communists stuck to their guns and look look, short time later >90% of brazilian vehicles were converted. Wasn't a big deal and didn't cause the world to end. Now, the communists still ruined the country and economy but that is another story. It can be done, the technology is there, it just needs a little political boost to overcome the obstacles set up by the oil industry who wants you to believe this is impossible, in order to cling on to their power. I say let's have some balls and push them aside to open the doors for a new era. I for one am eying up the new Mitsubishi plug-in hybrid SUV for my towing vehicle replacement soon. Will drive on E mode in city and on the weekend when towing the boat use a bit of gas still. When that vehicle is written off in say 8-10 years there will likely be plenty full E vehicles with lots of power and range. Also, as soon as a realistic alternative power outboard is out, you can bet I switch. Mobility of humans will stay but the mode of propulsion will shift. I hope rather sooner than later!

That's what I thought.

$1.75/litre at Schooner Cove fuel dock. Thinking $2/litre is coming soon. A lot of guys packing jugs of gas to fill their boats to save $.35 cents/litre

Crazy!

Trump is going to make an example of Iran, and good on him for doing so. That takes a whack of supply off the market.

He also looks like he is striking a deal with the Chinese to cut a couple hundred billion of their trade deficit, which means more American products being bought and another boost for their economy/energy demand.

The US economy is booming and only has more room to go further if he keeps up the great form he has shown so far. Amazing how easy it is when you don’t have the Liberal elite over complicating everything and working against their own interests.

Barring any unforeseen dramas with NAFTA, even with a drama school teacher at the helm, Canada will show good results as the US economy generally either drags the world economy up, or down.

Gas isn’t going to get any cheaper boys.

Well said ^^^^^

Gas prices will be cheaper in the Fall unless Trump starts a war with Iran. More crude will come online, refineries will be back into production, the Canadian dollar will move back up a bit, the traders will bid oil down, the kids will be back in school and the boat will be back in the garage for the winter.
Wash, rinse, wring dry. Repeat annually or as the markets will allow.

Gas prices will be cheaper in the Fall unless Trump starts a war with Iran. More crude will come online, refineries will be back into production, the Canadian dollar will move back up a bit, the traders will bid oil down, the kids will be back in school and the boat will be back in the garage for the winter.
Wash, rinse, wring dry. Repeat annually or as the markets will allow.
Cheaper than what? The days of sub $2 gas will soon be a memory the same as sub $1

May go up again with horrible Horgan and his latest tactics. I understand some think its the refinery closing, among other ideas, I still say **** of who brings your fuel and retaliation is swift. We do win the highest gas in North America award, coincidence?????NOT Gas price's in the rest of Canada seams to still be "normal".

HM

Only 6 more days until the Kinder Morgan deadline.. This could have devastating effects...

One thing I would recommend regardless of the KM **** show is to pre buy your fuel in bulk. Especially when prices are seasonally low.

You can you steel barrels or even invest in a slip tank. I fill mine up with 450 Liters at a time. I also have filled up drums at times when prices were low.

Trump is going to make an example of Iran, and good on him for doing so. That takes a whack of supply off the market.

He also looks like he is striking a deal with the Chinese to cut a couple hundred billion of their trade deficit, which means more American products being bought and another boost for their economy/energy demand.

The US economy is booming and only has more room to go further if he keeps up the great form he has shown so far. Amazing how easy it is when you don’t have the Liberal elite over complicating everything and working against their own interests.

Barring any unforeseen dramas with NAFTA, even with a drama school teacher at the helm, Canada will show good results as the US economy generally either drags the world economy up, or down.

Gas isn’t going to get any cheaper boys.

Don't forget to put in your calculations Trump and his new BFF Kim Jong Un.
Trump-administration-releases-North-Korea-summit-coin.jpg

When history writes of this time I suspect "dumpster fire" will be said often.

May go up again with horrible Horgan and his latest tactics. I understand some think its the refinery closing, among other ideas, I still say **** of who brings your fuel and retaliation is swift. We do win the highest gas in North America award, coincidence?????NOT Gas price's in the rest of Canada seams to still be "normal".

HM
Not sure what you are trying to say here but if you are interested in what the price of gas in Canada and the US is you can look at this website. It show that the price is going up in both countries. Something that you would expect when the cost per barrel goes up.
https://www.gasbuddy.com/Charts

Maybe. But so far I have to go with probably not.
I hearing the base are saying MAGA - Make Affordable Gas Again..... LOL

Not sure what you are trying to say here but if you are interested in what the price of gas in Canada and the US is you can look at this website. It show that the price is going up in both countries. Something that you would expect when the cost per barrel goes up.
https://www.gasbuddy.com/Charts
Listened to the news the other night. BC has a new court case to investigate the legality of Alberta's new law that will enable Alberta to limit fuel to BC. Seams sort of like BC wants it all their way. Now Alberta premier pulls out of summit. This is what I eluded to in post.

Of course gas is going up in both Countries, every thing is. As for your comment on barrel of gas costs, what was cost of gas/ltr when a barrel of gas was $100??? Way les than now, yes some time ago. I do not think gas price is as dependent on oil price as some think, it costs what the market will bare and what the companies and Gov can charge. Gas buddy is a great tool I use to buy gas when travelling to get best price.

I still do not believe the BS reasons that gas is so high in BC (as gas buddy states). I say its a well deserved response to BC's stoppage of the pipeline.

HM

Back