Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished Roger Curtis and Cowan for a 5 hours yesterday and had two undersize at 130 and 140 ft purple flasher and purple hootchie.

One undersize on a green and white spoon at 145ft on the rigger in 1200ft outside of Thrasher.

One legal on a green splatter hootchie at 110ft on the rigger in 700ft somewhat NE of Silva Bay.

I’m well outside of the pack. Strong currents but not much debris in the water.

Finished the day boxing 3 springs. Did see at least 2 dozen netted on other boats. Lots of hookups tight and shallow near the reef.

Big slow down in action after 1pm. Strong tides and ripping rigger lines all day.

Lots of action at thrasher yesterday. Good bite in am than when it slowed down and everyone seemed to start packing up around 1pm we found them again 3/4 the way to entrance. Landed 2 15#ers there. Ended up taking home 4. Released a bunch. Long lined a couple pin poppers as well. 170-230. Currents were a ***** lost some gear because of it.

Fished from 930-1400 yesterday and only had one short line release near the boat . fished from QA to Hump to South of Bowen but it was really really slow for us BUT did get a Grey Whale show which made the day .... Water was very dirty with lots of trees, logs and crap in the water , in some places had to go around the carnage.

Picked up a nice 10 lb marble yesterday on Chovie off South Bowen. I find it hard to fish deep, but, you have to in this fishery. A lot of work particularly with all the crap in the water.

Last edited:
Picked up a nice 10 lb marble yesterday on Chovie off South Bowen. I find it hard to fish deep, but, you have to in this fishery. A lot of work particularly with all the crap in the water.
How deep? For me 100' is "deep" off south bowen

I fished deep all morning on Monday. I brought one up to 60' and 5 mins later bam 14 lber. Slow otherwise. So much **** in the water made for very tuff go.

Had all action Sunday afternoon point cowan to rc 111ft on the rigger with a blue spatter back behind a blue flasher. Two 8lbs clones and a 13lb doe all unclipped. A red and two heavy marbles.

Seen the tackle box out on the hunt but no handouts lol

Had all action Sunday afternoon point cowan to rc 111ft on the rigger with a blue spatter back behind a blue flasher. Two 8lbs clones and a 13lb doe all unclipped. A red and two heavy marbles.

Seen the tackle box out on the hunt but no handouts lol
Who is the tackle box? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back