Status
Not open for further replies.
Lines in the water at thrasher today by 6:30. Tubbed out by 11:00 (4 fish). Spoons were the winner today. Only 1 caught on anchovies. Fishing in tight to the light ship. Pic is too big to upload from my iPhone. Someone help?

Take a screen shot (Smaller file). Hope that helps.

Reactions: Fox
Lines in the water at thrasher today by 6:30. Tubbed out by 11:00 (4 fish). Spoons were the winner today. Only 1 caught on anchovies. Fishing in tight to the light ship. Pic is too big to upload from my iPhone. Someone help?

Hot depths?

I’m headed to Thrasher tomorrow am.

Last edited:
Managed to box a couple Saturday. Fished a ways off RC in 500 feet of water and 134 on the rigger. Both reds, one was a smaller keeper the other was about 16lb. green spoons did the work. Lost 2 and had several just unders.

Mike

Caught some down deep 200’+ and some up really shallow 40’. Find the bait and you should find the springs. Big fish of the day was caught at 42’ on the rigger

Appreciated. With the thick algae lately most times the fish finder has been unreliable at best.

Thrasher was productive this am. Did a solo run, fished outside the pack on deeper ridges, found two upper teens and few unders up high 77-97
Current was ignorant though definitely coulda used some 18's

Great day at Thrasher/Grande/Entrance today. Started on the Grande side of Thrasher reef with the intention to go towards the marker but the currents were killer and dictated we head in the direction of Grande/Entrance ........ 1st half hour we get our first ever successful double header and land a 10 and 9. Want to turn back and go over again but a tug pulling logs and the current messed that idea up so we keep moving in the direction of Entrance. We're in about 700 ft at this point and let the current push us out to about 1,000 ft and before we know it we're at Entrance but along the way we pick up a 8 and 7 along with a couple that shook off at the boat and sending back a few under size .... consistent action. Army truck hoochie and Irish Cream spoon had equal success ........ ran the hooch at 125 and the spoon at 170 on the riggers the whole time. A few hours and we're limited. What a stellar year so far.IMG_0555.JPG

Can anyone tell me if this is where QA is? (Centeres on the gps screenshot ) I’ll keep you guys posted, any depth tips for his spot ? thanks

Attachments

• 0C2AF44C-11EC-4A30-9968-2E24AFC2085B.png
    0C2AF44C-11EC-4A30-9968-2E24AFC2085B.png
    929.3 KB · Views: 79
Can anyone tell me if this is where QA is? (Centeres on the gps screenshot ) I’ll keep you guys posted, any depth tips for his spot ? thanks
Yes the yellow can out front of the North Arm is the qa. Red can is the bell bouy to the north from the north arm. Good luck.
Roger curtis, point cowen and popham have been producing.

I was there for a bit on Thursday. Lots of debris and algae. No fish. You may have better luck at south Bowen if you can get on top of some bait.

I was there for a bit on Thursday. Lots of debris and algae. No fish. You may have better luck at south Bowen if you can get on top of some bait.

Oh ya thanks man, don’t have too much time to fish today so can’t make it to bowen, gotta be back in van by noon so QA it is I guess. Saw a couple boats at the bell buoy on the way out with their gear in the water

That’s us at the bell buoy, rods in for an hour no action yet. Fish on the finder around the 30 mark. Keep us posted on the QA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back