Overnight on the hook

Chuck

Anyone know if there are any decent areas to anchor for the night within or near Work Channel?

Checked on web app but doesn't show any areas to anchor.

Trail bay looks to be a decent area for anchorage.

Trail Bay is a good spot. Are you launching in the Work Channel or Rupert?
For the last 4 or 5 years we have spent couple of weeks every year on the hook in around Rupert to Dundas.

Much rather run up from Rupert than drag boat through logging road to launch in Work. Anchor at north end of Dundas but never Work Channel.

Trail Bay is a good spot. Are you launching in the Work Channel or Rupert?
For the last 4 or 5 years we have spent couple of weeks every year on the hook in around Rupert to Dundas.

You run back to Rupert for supplies/fuel or is it worth going into Port Simpson?

Simpson for fuel but only in a pinch, Monday till Wednesday 8am until 2 pm at least last time I was there. You have to guess your fuel amount and pay before you pump, the cashiers about a km away at the band office.
We usually head back to rupert for fuel and supplies if needed.

There is a rustic lodge at the mouth of the work.
I think it's called ocean wild, it maybe closed.

the lodge is still open at mouth of work channel. just new oweners/name. Victory Cove seaside cottage now.

Victory Cove is charging $2.50/ft/night to tie up on their dock. That works out to bout $85/night to moor.
Guess I’ll be throwing the hook out in Trail Bay!! ⚓

Victory Cove is charging $2.50/ft/night to tie up on their dock. That works out to bout $85/night to moor.
Guess I’ll be throwing the hook out in Trail Bay!! ⚓

Ya a little steep. We usually overnight in the Moffatt islands, South end of Dundas can't take the bugs on the north end

Yes I run two in the evenings. One out back one in the pilot house.
Still get eaten alive.
Funny no flys at the south end of Dundas

that's weird. I've stayed on the north end of Dundas a few times and didn't notice any bugs. At least not while on the hook. Although we did notice them when we would go on land for any amount of time... always carry the bug dope with us though. Just in case.

We offer both accommodations and mooring at Victory Cove (formerly Camp Ocean Wild). We are located in the same location in the mouth of the Work Channel. Mooring is $2.50 per foot per night and comes with the use of showers, washrooms, fish cleaning station, deep freezes for storing fish, BBQ's and our outdoor social area to hang out. We also serve complimentary coffee at daybreak each morning. The charge is per boat with no extra fees for each guest.

Last edited:
We offer both accommodations and mooring at Victory Cove (formerly Camp Ocean Wild). We are located in the same location in the mouth of the Work Channel. Mooring is $2.50 per foot per night and comes with the use of showers, washrooms, fish cleaning station, deep freezes for storing fish, BBQ's and our outdoor social area to hang out. We also serve complimentary coffee at daybreak each morning. The charge is per boat with no extra fees for each guest.

If I'm in that area this summer I'll definitely look you guys up. Rates seem very reasonable!

Back