tuna trip sharing

top fuel

Tuna fishing for one.. Would like to give it a go .. One person don't want to pay whole shot but will pay my share. Any ideas?

You'll have to guarantee the cost of the charter yourself to make a firm booking then rely on people to make themselves available ($$$) and it's tough to connect because we're all on our own trajectories-jobs, families, vacation time, accommodation & transportation options.

I do this for an annual Halibut trip and it can be a total PITA having been in the tour business I know when someone is just being flaky and it can be discouraging.

I have one trip in Westport booked/paid for in August but am interested in splitting the cost of a trip out of Bamtown or Ukee if conditions allow-that's if I don't head south in July.

So keep this email in mind contact me anytime

Carl Z

hardnosethehighway@gmail.com

Jump on a puker boat out of Westport.....1st-3rd week of September is the best live bait times.
Some good info if you use the search option on this site

Jump on a puker boat out of Westport....
This is the one I booked with.

http://tornadowestport.com/

image1-1024x632.jpg

Lot's of options. North of Oregon it seems most runs are around 40 miles. Mid Oregon it's about half that. San Diego boats go to Mexico for 2-7 day trips. North is Albacore, south is Yellowfin/Bigeye. The Bigeye can be 80-120#. The longer San Diego trips target larger fish; 200# & up.
Water temps & sea conditions in the north are more iffy; trips get cancelled.
Cost is all about the fuel burned & the gear required; if you split costs locally you will probably need your own gear. I'd do a charter in Oregon & maybe combine a Halibut trip as they often still have Halibut quota in late summer.

Lot's of options. North of Oregon it seems most runs are around 40 miles. Mid Oregon it's about half that. San Diego boats go to Mexico for 2-7 day trips. North is Albacore, south is Yellowfin/Bigeye. The Bigeye can be 80-120#. The longer San Diego trips target larger fish; 200# & up.
Water temps & sea conditions in the north are more iffy; trips get cancelled.
Cost is all about the fuel burned & the gear required; if you split costs locally you will probably need your own gear. I'd do a charter in Oregon & maybe combine a Halibut trip as they often still have Halibut quota in late summer.

I've been looking at the San Diego option for October/November if I have time. They don't get the Albacore but heck yellow fin, blue fin, mahi mahi, yellow tail and a bunch of other surprises. Most good long range boats are sold out well in advance but some good options for 1.5-2.5 days. Flights from Van are about $400-500 if you pick the right days.

There's a bunch of options on the island but you'd need to team up with people for a charter and weather/water temps can be hit or miss (same with washington). There's the tuna shoot out in Bamfield that you could try and get on a boat with, I'm sure there will be a thread coming up in the next month or so

Back