Tuna charter out of Newport Oregon

k_im

Has anyone ever gone on a tuna trip out of Newport?
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

If your able to get up there try fishing out of Westport in Wa state. The have the live bait pens so you can fish live anchovies which is the most fun. Give Mark an Merry Coleman a call He runs 3-4 29 foot Defiance boats out of there all summer and has it dialed in. 425-736-8920
Enjoy

I do want to do Westport one day soon. The issue is, my wife booked a timeshare in Newport so I naturally looked to see if there were fishing opportunities while we're there.
Just hoping for some insider, "been there done that" information.

I do want to do Westport one day soon. The issue is, my wife booked a timeshare in Newport so I naturally looked to see if there were fishing opportunities while we're there.
Just hoping for some insider, "been there done that" information.
Post on the iFish site. There's more recreational fishermen from the Newport area on that site than anyplace else. But if you do get up to Westport - the AllRivers Charters (Mark Coleman's operation) is the one you want. Shake and Bake out of Ilwaco is also good and there's live bait there also. If you can't find an Oregon charter. It's a 3 hour 20 min drive from there to Ilwaco.

I've seen All Rivers' beautiful sportfishers docked in Westport a couple of times. A one day "express" trip does sound preferable to a 1 1/2 or 2 day trip with one of the other charter operators.
Food for thought for sure.

Thanks, Seagirt.
I took a flyer on Captain's Reel, based on online ratings.
The location is set in stone, our wives will be with us, so it's a local charter or no fishing at all...
The worst day fishing is better than walking the streets of a tourist town visiting gift shops.

Back