Fishing The Salmon Highway - Esperanza

Lower deck you get the boot. Upper level you can stay. So if you are oversized you are screwed. What a terrible rule. Just install a deafening alarm system or something to wake people up or better idea dont crash and sink the ferry.

That’ll be great next month coming back across with my rv and boat. :eek:

It's in everyone's best interest if Nog and his Fleet fill their holds as fast as possible. Have a successful trip and load up on huge returning salmon.

This is essentially a test fishery for all of us. If DFO gets the fleets logs and compare them to previous season and alarm bells start screaming. The world of hurt the recreational fishery is already in for will get a lot worse.

Worst start we have ever seen to an opening. From the beach out to the highway springs are scarcer than hen’s teeth. A week’s effort has produced a catch equivilant to but one mediocre day’s. whole fleet is worried as hell.

Weathered out in Club Z.
Supposed to stay horrid right through the weekend. Hope that improves, and more importantly some springs start to show!

Basically have barely even touched the quota....

Spooked!
Nog
You guys still restricted to using plugs on the WC? I hear the NC troll won't start till July with a smaller quota. good luck out there!

Heard Winter harbour and area have been on fire, chinooks to 25# halli 25#.Its going to slow a bit in winter harbour with the 28 or more commie boats each pulling 200 lines but theres lots of places to fish.Might the commie boats not reporting their catch sales, from the the cash sales if the #'s are low?
Learn facts and learn and know what your talking about before blabbing fake ******** !!!

In the words of my close hunting partner: “Are you High?”

Winter Harbor is Dead for springs right now. You can ask any of the 20 boats from our fleet tied up there today. They sure as hell would not be if there was anything to catch!

As for the rest of your Drivel, that’s not even slightly worthy of a sneering rebuttal.

Certainly does well display your complete ignorance though...:rolleyes:

Nog
Has it picked up at all for salmon out there Nog? Heading up for long weekend and hoping for an improvement report.
Cheers Steve

Has it picked up at all for salmon out there Nog?

Unfortunately it has not Steve.
The odd (and I mean “odd”) larger fish, but their numbers remain dismal. Most rigs averaging but 10 a day for 14 hours effort.

For your sake & ours, hope that turns around...

Beyond worried,
Nog

That is not a good sign. Hopefully as the moon builds it will bring them along. It sucks trolling for a handful a day. Thanks for the report though.

Cheers Steve

What are the target stocks for your troll fishery nog?

Last edited:
How can you guys afford to troll all day with such dismal catches? What would the fuel costs be for a day of trolling those displacement hulls?

How did the trip go for you wolf? I didnt see any posting on the fishing.

Boat looks great. I read your thread on power. Good choice. Can never have enough.

How can you guys afford to troll all day with such dismal catches??

How to make a million dollars fishing?
Start with two million...

Catches now declined to average 9 or less a day.
About 1/2 of the extremely small quota caught to date.
One week left.
We (all) need a miracle ASAP.
Beyond Grim. :(

Sadly,
Nog

Back