Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooked into a couple of nice 10 lb white and red Chins yesterday in Area 29-3 and 29-4 (in the deep water) about 129 ft down on the wire with a Irish Cream and green glow flasher . Nothing on the anchovies so looks like the spoons are still the hot ticket. Caught these Chins around 2 pm , started 10am and fished until around 4pm so it wasn't a explosion but still got the two. Lots of dirty water so keep an eye out , tons of crap in the water.

Is this the area known as The Hump?

Could be the hump or Thrasher...judging by his description of the "deeper water" I am guessing likely the deep water off Thrasher.

Yes....the Hump is in 29-3 a couple miles south of Bowen. You can't miss it on your charts where it kind of runs NW to SE and the depths come up.

If he was in 29-4 he was out off Thrasher if you look at the area map here. http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s29-eng.html

If you do head that way remember that pretty much all of 29-4 is slot limit; here is the map from a few pages back.

upload_2018-5-8_9-30-31.png

Headed to the hump / South Bowen way. Anyone on the fish today there?

Update - flat seas. Moderate debris. Zero action.

Last edited:
Hello fellow fishers
Late report I was at thrasher the last two days being mon,tuesday.had a ton of fish on at 180-200 on the riggers could have limited out both days instead killed 5 mon and 4 tuesday also got a nice ling as well on monaday.I was using a purple flasher gold one side silver the other and six ft leader with herring aid on one side and irish cream on the other.
I would have limited out easily both days with 3 people on board each day but seem to keep losing them at the boat almost killed me lol,had rookies on board Im still wondering why everyone looks at the reel when fighting a chinook.I try to tell them to look at the rod thats what tells you the feed back on what the fish is up to but they still look at the reel lol uggg,over 20 springs hooked yesterday oh well thats fishing some days. Im out tomorrow so hope to fill the box'

Tight Lines
Billydoo

Thrasher side yesterday was on fire if you knew where to look. Killed 5 in am. Drove across at 630 am in a major slop. Had a 30 fish day. Was lots of fun

Good job, by 3 miles out you mean just out past the 1200 ft contour? I think we're going to try to swing out for a quick evening bite this afternoon around 4 or 5
That’s right.

Moved in closer to the reef around 6-800’ for the rest of the day. Picked up three more at 167 and 191. All of the keepers on the hootch

Last edited:
Thrasher side yesterday was on fire if you knew where to look. Killed 5 in am. Drove across at 630 am in a major slop. Had a 30 fish day. Was lots of fun
How would one know where to look? Do you mean you got lucky and got into fish on your first guess? I would love to buy the Thrasher For Dummies book that would give me that accurate data. If only there was a fishing reports forum where guys could post reports and not just brag in a vague way to seem cool and mysterious. Great job though on the successful fishing.

PS - As much of an asshole as I'm acting like I swear I'm only 95% of the asshole you think I am. 5% is pure smart-butt.

Went out the North Arm this evening and popped over to South Bowen to troll around for an hour. Gorgeous sunset, but there is loads of flotsam between the Fraser and Bowen. There are a fair amount of full sized trees to keep you company and some nasty deadheads in the river. These aren’t too much of a problem if you keep your head on a swivel and moderate your speed. However there are buckets of small sticks and chunks around. Not a showstopper but if you are in a glass boat I’d be extra cautious. Also make sure to come back well before dusk so you can spot the buggers.

Bowen itself was quiet but I was only there for an hour. Started popping clips because of algae accumulating and creating drag. Yarg.

Anybody know if there is less algae on the hump? That shz is nasty and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back