Help finding new boat.

Rayvon

My son and I have decided we should share a boat instead of owning our own as I'm retired and can fish weekday's and he's busy running his business during the week,so can only use it on weekends.We would like to find a clean,lightly used boat in the roughly 22-24 ft.length with 4 stroke outboards on a trailer.I've been looking locally on "Craiglist"etc. with no luck and with the Cdn. dollar so low going south isn't worthwhile.
So I'm hoping someone on here knows somebody that rarely uses their boat or is fed up with all the new regs. and would consider selling to a serious buyer with out the hassle of selling.
Our short list is :
Pursuit 22-24
Robalo 225-235
Hydra-Sports 22-24
Seasport 22
Grady 228
Wellcraft Coastal 22-24
WE would also consider a nice boat with dead power that we would repower ,but price would have to be right.
Please PM me or call Ray @250-656-5890 or hawthornes@telus.net Thanks.

Last edited:
sell ya my hourston Ray....oh wait thats not on your list....

X2 CBsqrd. We bought our 2470 pursuit from Florida. Check out Quality Boats in Clearwater, Florida. They are a pursuit dealer and may be able to lead you in the right direction.

Your boat doesn't have 4 strokes Roy,I don't want the doghouse anymore and it would be a monster to trailer.The Pursuit is just what we're looking for but leary about dealing with someone so far away,if it's a deal a local will snap it up before I get there. The whaler doesn't say how old the boat is,not really what I'm after. Keep "EM Comin" Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks "Unreel" I've seen both ,the Striper needs canvass and kicker etc. and the Pursuit would be 30% more in Cdn. and repower at some point.$60 K+ when done.A Pursuit is at the top of my list though.

My Whaler is a 1989. Sorry I forgot to place the year in the ad. But shows as well as most 5 year old rigs. It's local and ready to sea trial!
George

Love that boat Scott,but we're not going new,way too pricey.Some interesting options are coming up though.

I guess I should have given a price range from the start.Our combined boat value's are about $60K and I thought we should be able to find a good used boat in our size range (22-24) for less.I've had a couple of people offering very nice boats in the $80K range.

I guess I should have given a price range from the start.Our combined boat value's are about $60K and I thought we should be able to find a good used boat in our size range (22-24) for less.I've had a couple of people offering very nice boats in the $80K range.

What about this one? 2003 Grady 232 Gulfstream with twin 150 HPDI with 150 hours. Could add a kicker real easily and you'll have tons of power and when fishing the quietness of the 4-stroke.

https://nanaimo.craigslist.ca/boa/d/grady-white-23-gulfstream/6550735880.html

Back