Educate us please

Oops, didn't mean to insult. My point was really about not creating unnecessary erosion at the ramp. I've seen guys use their engine to drive up their trailer and it looked nasty to me. But if you must do it, so be it. I dont mind getting my feet wet, or wear boots. It sucks tho when you launch at a low tide and you have to drop off the end of the ramp.

Fair enough. My boat drafts 2' trimmed all the way down with the 50hp. I can imagine bigger I/O motors causing more issues.

Now now gentlemen-not everyone realizes the difficulties with a large boat-perhaps they will graduate one day and have to try and get a large boat on a trailer quickly and efficiently--however this thread was I believe to help educate each other and thereby foster a little understanding and courtesy among our fishing brethren. I try not to spit gravel, screwing my impellor and I only use as much power as needed-also you should also note the prop usually is not in the normal position but quite raised. I had no idea-frankly that anyone took offense to this method so I will endeavor to keep it down to a dull roar. I don't always power on-if the ramp is good and there is a float beside it there is no need. So lets keep it civil and move along to other points-probably what got us onto this thread in the first place. LOL
good advise Mike-I was in a bad mood the other night when the bigger boat guys were called stupid for running their boat efficiently on the trailer. I have high guide rails so it is fairly easy for this 8000# boat to find the trailer if the guides back is just barely in the water. Too heavy to winch .

good advise Mike-I was in a bad mood the other night when the bigger boat guys were called stupid for running their boat efficiently on the trailer. I have high guide rails so it is fairly easy for this 8000# boat to find the trailer if the guides back is just barely in the water. Too heavy to winch .

Mine is really too heavy to winch if the ramp is shallow-- and I have a good electric winch!! At WH I have the outboard assist the winch-don't have to in Gold river or pacific playgrounds.

With fishing season upon us I thought I'd bring this one back up.
Here's hoping we can add something or take something useful away.

I have solo launched many times. Upon retrieval, I get the trailer sunk to dip bunkers, hop back in boat, drive boat onto trailer, motor is very useful to snug boat up - not having to use a winch to stress the last few inches... Anyway, I think people watching may get jealous with how 1 guy can launch and retrieve quicker than a party of guys pushing and tugging a boat on and off a trailer. I dont know how prop wash affects anything. It doesnt look stupid, in fact it looks cool. I self proclaim myself the best solo boat launcher around.

I have solo launched many times. Upon retrieval, I get the trailer sunk to dip bunkers, hop back in boat, drive boat onto trailer, motor is very useful to snug boat up - not having to use a winch to stress the last few inches... Anyway, I think people watching may get jealous with how 1 guy can launch and retrieve quicker than a party of guys pushing and tugging a boat on and off a trailer. I dont know how prop wash affects anything. It doesnt look stupid, in fact it looks cool. I self proclaim myself the best solo boat launcher around.
I thought I was. Lol

Back