Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is every time my wife gives me the OK to go fishing on the weekend the weather forecast states Strong Wind advisory for the weekend and then it’s light winds Monday And Tues. Doh! :mad:
I've been out in "Strong Wind Advisory" and had flat calm. I've been out when its supposed to be calm only to get into 4' waves in Horseshoe Bay. I swear they just change the advisory to "strong winds" every Sat/Sun just to limit the amount of boats out there lol. I still head out regardless.

Why is every time my wife gives me the OK to go fishing on the weekend the weather forecast states Strong Wind advisory for the weekend and then it’s light winds Monday And Tues. Doh! :mad:
Trick is to create a situation where as a grown man you don’t have to ask permission to do anything.

But that usually happens before you get married so your bang outta luck I guess.

Got back from my overnighter a couple hours ago at Thrasher.
Friday night the conditions were great, totally calmed down.
Thought it was going to be an epic night with a double header of just legals after only having the rods in the water for 5 mins; but that didn’t turn out to be the case, slowed downed and we missed only one more good bite. Fished 630pm to 830pm.
This morning was windy and not the ideal conditions. Started at 630am. Tried a little further out, but wind wasn’t letting that happen, so came closer in to Valdez and just let the wind Cary us down, in around 220-300ft of water, only boat out there. Landed far too many undersize and released 1 over 10lb and also released a good mid to higher teen, pic attached; partner in crime for the trip is a guide up at Queen Charlottes and we are both comfortable saying closing on 20lb if not 20lb...biggest I’ve got in local waters to date and a great size for this time of years. One of the small releases was a coho, so they are starting to come. Crossing back was a little snotty, but still only took 1h to get back to the S.Arm.
Fish were hitting anywhere from 125-180, but most consistency came from 124-150; the larger coming at 140/150.
Still just running hardware 4.0.
Will see what the long weekend brings to the mix.
Cheers for now.

Attachments

• 01B1CBF6-D53D-4BF1-AAB7-90A5C69050DD.jpeg
    01B1CBF6-D53D-4BF1-AAB7-90A5C69050DD.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 224
Hid from the wind and fished the afternoon flood tide off grace islands.
Picked up one hatchery round 12lbs on the change - light green splatter back hootchie 97 feet. Beauty on the inside looked snotty out there on the straight

Personally not out there, but a couple buddies are fishing the hump and say it’s beautiful conditions.

Saturday lunchtime picked up the new boat and tacked out of the north arm to 4'-6' swells and started a slow tack back to gibsons
heading over to cowan it was rather crappy when got to bowen it was pretty clam and took the clam water side to horseshoe bay and then past hutt and keats back into gibsons a few hours later ......
so time for a new project and hope to have her fishing soon or early next year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back