New Cannabis Use on Boat Law

I'm not getting in to the mental gymnastics with the people who want to legitimize their drug addiction.

People just need to come to terms with the fact they like to use this drug because it makes them feel good. No other reason. With the coming legalization (and heavy taxation) these addicts are hopefully soon going to look just as pathetic as the alcoholics seen milling around a liquor store before it opens to go buy a bottle of Red Tassel.

Anyone who is feeling anxiety about possibly not being able to consume marijuana in a given location has a serious drug problem. They just need to admit it.

Wow! You really need to educate yourself a little more on the benefits of Marijuana. CBD's are just the start. This plant has been around and in use treating hundreds of ailments for thousands of years with no appreciable negative side effects.

Your comment "....people who want to legitimize their drug addiction." frankly i find short sighted and ignorant. There is no such thing as a Marijuana 'addiction'. At worst, some may develop a dependency but this is a far cry from addiction.

This thread was/is for people to comment on their thoughts about the law and boating, not a forum for you to spout off your biased myopic opinions.

Wow! You really need to educate yourself a little more on the benefits of Marijuana. CBD's are just the start. This plant has been around and in use treating hundreds of ailments for thousands of years with no appreciable negative side effects.

Your comment "....people who want to legitimize their drug addiction." frankly i find short sighted and ignorant. There is no such thing as a Marijuana 'addiction'. At worst, some may develop a dependency but this is a far cry from addiction.

This thread was/is for people to comment on their thoughts about the law and boating, not a forum for you to spout off your biased myopic opinions.

I am an MD, albeit an orthopedic surgeon. I just was at a course which had a speaker on marijuana and its medicinal uses. Currently, the research that has been done only supports cannabis use for very specific uses. MOST of what the general public states that cannabis helps with, has been shown through studies to not be efficacious. I have no dog in this fight, just stating the current medical based scientific research.

HB

I am an MD, albeit an orthopedic surgeon. I just was at a course which had a speaker on marijuana and its medicinal uses. Currently, the research that has been done only supports cannabis use for very specific uses. MOST of what the general public states that cannabis helps with, has been shown through studies to not be efficacious. I have no dog in this fight, just stating the current medical based scientific research.

HB
Usually the most ignorant people have the strongest opinions.

Fact is, to a varying degree, pot impairs an operator, some more than others, but it does.

I like the occasional toke recreationally but on the water I choose to say no, same with driving. But someone else on the vessel who does is their choice. But they have to live with the repercussions.

Floater according to Che your a occasional addict. Lol

When I started the thread my intention was to speak in a humorous way to the issue of the wording related to making the operator of a boat responsible for the behavior of others. Boats are not vehicles, you cannot pull over and stop operating it and with this wording it appears that at the moment the operator becomes aware of someone eating a brownie, the operator appears to have instantly committed an offense, simply by becoming aware of someone else s behavior while operating the boat. You want to make it unlawful to use pot on a boat, fine, but it should be the user/s only who should be held accountable for their behavior and non compliance with the law, not some poor boat operator who neither authorized its use or used it themselves.

Last edited:
When I started the thread my intention was to speak in a humorous way to the issue of the wording related to making the operator of a boat responsible for the behavior of others. Boats are not vehicles, you cannot pull over and stop operating it and with this wording it appears that at the moment the operator becomes aware of someone eating a brownie, the operator appears to have instantly committed an offense, simply by becoming aware of someone else s behavior while operating the boat. You want to make it unlawful to use pot on a boat, fine, but it should be the user/s only which should be held accountable for their behavior and non compliance with the law, not some poor boat operator who neither authorized its use or used it themselves.

Yea, as usual it’s gets a little funny on these forums when many opinions get thrown around flippantly.

I found this law more ridiculous than funny, but that’s just my already jaded take on western legislation these days. They have given us a choice, you have to police the actions of those around or you become a criminal yourself. They are getting you, by force, to push whatever idea they are putting forward.

It’s basically the take on everything now, and is the whole principle behind Political Correctness. I got nothing but disdain for PC culture.

Yea, as usual it’s gets a little funny on these forums when many opinions get thrown around flippantly.

I found this law more ridiculous than funny, but that’s just my already jaded take on western legislation these days. They have given us a choice, you have to police the actions of those around or you become a criminal yourself. They are getting you, by force, to push whatever idea they are putting forward.

It’s basically the take on everything now, and is the whole principle behind Political Correctness. I got nothing but disdain for PC culture.

You boys are right....my bad. Just got a little worked up after finding out i was a drug addict! :(:(:(

You must have lit a nice fatty to post that here. lol
not really, why do you think i even smoke? it was meant for a member that believes everyone that uses cannabis is an addicted pothead.
There is none. Thankfully when this legalization scheme comes out later this year or next, these people will no longer have to lie to themselves that they're 'sick' and need marijuana as some cure all medicine. These people can finally just say "Because I like they way makes me feel" and we can accept that. All these people self medicating with marijuana is not a good thing. Once we accept that it's not 'medicine' then maybe we can start to look at habitual marijuana users the same way we see alcoholics, and acknowledge the genuine social harm and health risks associated with its habitual use.

Last edited:

HB

Thanks for sharing that perspective. Funny, I’ve yet to see any credible research to support cannabis use in motion sickness or many of the other ‘indicated uses” by some.

Also, someone that tries to differentiate dependency and substance abuse is really trying to split hairs for reasons that would probably be selfish or self serving.

Thanks for sharing that perspective. Funny, I’ve yet to see any credible research to support cannabis use in motion sickness or many of the other ‘indicated uses” by some.

Also, someone that tries to differentiate dependency and substance abuse is really trying to split hairs for reasons that would probably be selfish or self serving.

the cannabis making someone (sea sick)/ feel better makes sense tho.. settles nausea and induces hunger. or a good nap.

My boat, my rules. No pot, not booze. I don't smoke pot anymore, have no issues with it, I like my beer, but on the boat, I'm going to fish. Recreationals when then fishings done. I want people to have a clear head in case there is an emergency.

My boat, my rules. No pot, not booze. I don't smoke pot anymore, have no issues with it, I like my beer, but on the boat, I'm going to fish. Recreationals when then fishings done. I want people to have a clear head in case there is an emergency.
X2... AND lifejackets on and for everyone...

Back