2018 Tofino Reports

Hi Folks,
We have been running this adult Salmon diet program over the last year (see thread below), primarily in the SoG and JdF. It would be great to expand to the west coast. We have an offer from the Ucluelet Aquarium to act as a depot for sample drop off. Basically you would record info on fish size, species, hatch/wild, catch location etc. Freeze the whole digestive tract with a data card, and drop it off at the depot when you have a chance. Just inquiring as to how many folks in Ucluelet and Tofino would be interested in participating if we set this up?

PM or respond to the thread below with questions. Apologies for the non report post.

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...t-monitoring-program.64885/page-2#post-858614

Anything to report Ladz?

Wondering...
Nog
It's the same down her, Nog. Little patches of fish about a 15 lb in the round average with the odd one around 20. The Ling Cod are taking a beating these days

Thanks Buddy. Appreciated.
Not starting off too well anywhere it seems...

Sigh...
Nog

Matt where the hell ya been, it has been a tad quiet lately :) Same report from Renfrew with the moochers some around 20 and some high to mid teens

It's the same down her, Nog. Little patches of fish about a 15 lb in the round average with the odd one around 20. The Ling Cod are taking a beating these days

Are you referring to the commercial effort on the lings?
I know up in the Winter harbor area the big boats were hammering on them last year.
Hopefully there will be a few left when we get there.

Are you referring to the commercial effort on the lings?
I know up in the Winter harbor area the big boats were hammering on them last year.
Hopefully there will be a few left when we get there.
No we are discussing finding Chinooks and because it's been slow the fall back has been Ling Cod as our local FN's now can sell fish so there are 10 boats long lining the heck out of the Halibut here. They told me they will move north once they have cleaned our area out so i guess Nootka will be next

wtf did the fisheries think was going to happen when you let this group sell commercially, I thought that dfo had a year to figure things out on this matter looks like they just go and do whatever the f@#k they want maybe we all should.... I guess I Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

hey Mike is your boat wet already???
No but my noodle is :) had it out early but things are going on at home so it is in the driveway now, hope to get it in late May when i get back from the cabin. You fishing Renfrew this year??

No but my noodle is :) had it out early but things are going on at home so it is in the driveway now, hope to get it in late May when i get back from the cabin. You fishing Renfrew this year??
I am trying to,my boat in the shop,truck as transmission issue,trying to get it all going.If I don't get it by a bus in the next week or 2 I should get up there by the end of may also.BTW a wet noodle is better then a dry one lol

wtf did the fisheries think was going to happen when you let this group sell commercially, I thought that dfo had a year to figure things out on this matter looks like they just go and do whatever the f@#k they want maybe we all should.... I guess I Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....
I knew we we’re screwed when the Ahousats won their appeal. It’s all about the Feds using fish for reconciliation.

Not a well reported area/thread.

Couple things over the last couple weeks.

1 - caught a 12lb Coho on the flyrod, buck tailing while trolling for springs. We've had 2 on, landed the bigger one. I'd say averaging a hit for every 7 hours of dragging it. It was a TON of fun and the longest fight I've had in a long time, but my forearm was sure tired

2 - caught a Sockeye on Monday while trolling for springs. It was a really nice surprise. Not much of a fight on the spring gear but we were happy to land it when we saw it at the side of the boat and was just about to reach down and release it. Caught it best spoon ever made - so far this year that spoon has caught only wild Coho (of course), most of our springs, a Hali, every type of bottom fish, and a Sockeye.

Not a well reported area/thread.

Couple things over the last couple weeks.

1 - caught a 12lb Coho on the flyrod, buck tailing while trolling for springs. We've had 2 on, landed the bigger one. I'd say averaging a hit for every 7 hours of dragging it. It was a TON of fun and the longest fight I've had in a long time, but my forearm was sure tired

2 - caught a Sockeye on Monday while trolling for springs. It was a really nice surprise. Not much of a fight on the spring gear but we were happy to land it when we saw it at the side of the boat and was just about to reach down and release it. Caught it best spoon ever made - so far this year that spoon has caught only wild Coho (of course), most of our springs, a Hali, every type of bottom fish, and a Sockeye.
It’s well reported now... keep up the good work! Must’ve been a fun fish, I am still waiting for my first surface fight

What spoon are you talking about?
He clearly stated "the best spoon ever made" Go to your local tackle shop and ask for it. could be fun!

Back