Look at what 3 young people can accomplish!

Same story on CBC this morning! Good to see we aren’t the only ones angry about the halibut system. Interesting they seemed to have had an opportunity to speak on it in Ottawa. CBC has a comment section that we should all use to get our message out!

No mention that they were backed by an American funded protest/conservation group that would close all fishing including rec.

No mention that they were backed by an American funded protest/conservation group that would close all fishing including rec.

I would like to see some backing for your assertation please.

And regardless, the Canadian government has no such focus. The underlying consideration of moving west coast fisheries into a “use it or lose it” process is a huge step in the right direction.

Cheers,
Nog

Look up the meeting minutes for the SCOFA interviews. Also take the time to read bill-68. Its not just about the owner operator clause. The bill gives way to much power to a minister who thinks he is god and above reproach.

From a commercial perspective the 10 yrs developing integration into the groundfish fleet has been a huge gain for sustainable fisheries. Owner operator would gut that.

I will look into both. Thanks.

I realize there would be growing pains and some restructuring required, but I fervently believe it would be in the best interest of fishermen (all involved actually) to get shed of the current program of quota ownership by non-fishers.

Cheers,
Nog

Back