Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’m curious. If I catch 1 in the area above the new limits, then head south can I still take one more for that area?

I’m assuming possession limits are still the same?

So I’m curious. If I catch 1 in the area above the new limits, then head south can I still take one more for that area?

I’m assuming possession limits are still the same?
Yeah I think so if your license says it was catched in 28. I’m sure lots of people will be claiming one at HITW for example and then one at hump.

It looks like the hitwvand hump are two over according to the previous post? Or am I seeing this wrong which wouldn't be the first time lol

Tight lines
Billydoo

It looks like the hitwvand hump are two over according to the previous post? Or am I seeing this wrong which wouldn't be the first time lol

Tight lines
Billydoo
Well one is 28 and one is 29. That was my main point. Too close in proximity for people not to cheat the system

People should make a track from the gps points stated so they know where they are when there out there im sure some people will fudge it it's human nature. It's till June 15 then maybe the boundary will change or maybe the size limit for the summer chinooks,time will tell I guess

Tight lines
Billydoo

Awesome day out off thrasher today. Water was as calm as you could ask for. Semi steady action, ended up with a tub via the slot limits. Found em up shallower for a while, 97 was a hot number on ap anchovie spoon. 137 was consistent too

Lake fishing conditions at thrasher yesterday. Lines in the water @ 7:45, limit by 9:50. Played catch and release for the rest of the day. Moved over to south bowen where consistent fishing continued. Had a really hard time keeping them on the line for some reason, losing about 6 or 7 in a row.
Great day though, approx 20 fish landed, lots of double headers, lots of unders, 7 or 8 keepers in the mix.
Green/blue splatter back hoochies. 125-155 at thrasher, 85 was the ticket at south bowen.
Thrasher.PNG

Attachments

• Thrasher.PNG
    Thrasher.PNG
    747.2 KB · Views: 17
Lake fishing conditions at thrasher yesterday. Lines in the water @ 7:45, limit by 9:50. Played catch and release for the rest of the day. Moved over to south bowen where consistent fishing continued. Had a really hard time keeping them on the line for some reason, losing about 6 or 7 in a row.
Great day though, approx 20 fish landed, lots of double headers, lots of unders, 7 or 8 keepers in the mix.
Green/blue splatter back hoochies. 125-155 at thrasher, 85 was the ticket at south bowen.
View attachment 37796

Guess i'm going to be the jerk today....... but it's unethical and should be unlawful to keep fishing and releasing after you've kept your limit. I make my guests save a spot on their license when they want to C&R and keep the first injured salmon.

Guess i'm going to be the jerk today....... but it's unethical and should be unlawful to keep fishing and releasing after you've kept your limit. I make my guests save a spot on their license when they want to C&R and keep the first injured salmon.
Agreeeed

I appreciate your concern, and granted there is a chance the fish doesn't make it. I know how to handle fish and I use best practice when releasing to maximize the salmons survival.
If it's a matter of releasing injured fish, then do you feel the same about fishing the squamish and other non-retention systems for steelhead?
I had a whole spiel typed out to share why, for this fishery, I feel ethically comfortable with catch and release, but I didn't want to start a discussion that will surely get this thread off topic. Happy to chime in a new thread if you'd like to start one.

I appreciate your concern, and granted there is a chance the fish doesn't make it. I know how to handle fish and I use best practice when releasing to maximize the salmons survival.
If it's a matter of releasing injured fish, then do you feel the same about fishing the squamish and other non-retention systems for steelhead?
I had a whole spiel typed out to share why, for this fishery, I feel ethically comfortable with catch and release, but I didn't want to start a discussion that will surely get this thread off topic. Happy to chime in a new thread if you'd like to start one.
The stats say an average mortality rate 10%. That says it all. You can’t control how a fish bites

I'll be hitting thrasher for a solo fish tomorrow morning. We're the fish still out in 800 ft of water or where abouts was the action. PM me if you'd like! I

I have to agree with fishtofino when I limit out I leave and stop fishing for that species. I will also leave one tag open and catch and release till we have had enough,or catch a bad bleeder or give a bigger fish the wood shampoo.im my opinion it's the right thing to do....

Especially when catching 7 to 14 pound salmon. Doesn’t matter how good you are at handling them. I would say a third of them are bleeding from the gills when you get them to the boat. If the fishing is hot why not release the healthy ones and bonk the bleeders until you have your limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back