Good fibreglass guy in the Lower mainland

fishin solo

Crew Member
hey guys as title says.... need some work done.... some holes etc from pulling inboard and podding. Mobile or shop works for me.....just want QAULITY workmanship....

good luck, this time of year. my boat has been at a shop since the 3 week of January, for a 2 week job

Not too worried about a time frame.. my tub isn’t gonna be getting wet this season....
I got this guy from a friend ,never used him or seen his work,ended up doing all myself,but he does all sorts of fiberglass repairs,Rick 604 562-8552

I got this guy from a friend ,never used him or seen his work,ended up doing all myself,but he does all sorts of fiberglass repairs,Rick 604 562-8552

I'm guessing that its Rick Bitz.
He is well known in the drag boat community for good and bad. He builds some of the fastest drag boats in the the world. His skills are amazing and his boats are first class... ya, that's the good
Now the bad

Do not give him money up front, only pay for work that has been completed, he is an extremely poor business man.

He is also
Bitz Custom Boats
Eagle Fibreglass
Pig Barn Boats

Last edited:
Not that I've ever used them but Monaro Marine in Richmond does fibreglass repairs. I know somebody that has used them and says there not cheap but they do good work.

Monaro is a great call but they're always busy since they run their own brand refurbishment program. If you're on the North Shore head down to Lions Gate Marina and check out the boats being worked on in the yard. It is a zoo this time of year and tons of boats are being worked on for FG. There is a provider on site who I have used< watertight, but only for small gel coat work and it has been fine. Ask around in the yard and see what comes back from the folks who are in the area. I'm also looking for someone who can sand / treat / level / refinish the aluminum support frames in my windshield so any tips are welcome! Cheers

Back