My new boat!

Might nice build and ride there wolf. You're going to love that 175HW. I cut the hole in mine last spring and stuck that sucker in there. . .now I can see into the future!!!

Have fun with your new craft, I suspect you put a little research into it. . .just a little. I have hi-hours Yami F150's on my 232, and when I repower there's a good chance I'll opt for something like your Evinrudes, except maybe dial the hp back a touch lest I hurt myself. I constantly wonder whether I should put a kicker on there when I do it (3 motors seems excessive), but I've trolled on my mains (2 boats) for years and it's worked out so far, so it's a tough decision. What was your thought process on that? Also like Tofino said I keep my hrs equal FWIW, but no big deal if you have a plan, which I reckon you do.

fb

Might nice build and ride there wolf. You're going to love that 175HW. I cut the hole in mine last spring and stuck that sucker in there. . .now I can see into the future!!!

Have fun with your new craft, I suspect you put a little research into it. . .just a little. I have hi-hours Yami F150's on my 232, and when I repower there's a good chance I'll opt for something like your Evinrudes, except maybe dial the hp back a touch lest I hurt myself. I constantly wonder whether I should put a kicker on there when I do it (3 motors seems excessive), but I've trolled on my mains (2 boats) for years and it's worked out so far, so it's a tough decision. What was your thought process on that? Also like Tofino said I keep my hrs equal FWIW, but no big deal if you have a plan, which I reckon you do.

fb
FB, tell me more about your 175HW. Out of everything, I'm probably most pumped about getting quality accurate sonar readings. For those following the thread, the Airmar SS-175HW is a 1kW chirp transducer. The 'HW' is for High-Wide or high chirp and wide cone. I think its the only of its kind. Its not normal for high chirp to have a 25 degree cone.

What system do you run your 175HW with? Any tips for setup? The rep said that I should be able to mark fish and bait at 40mph which is crazy. With my last setup, once I hit 7mph I could barely make out bait and over 10 all I would get is a bottom reading.

WW

FB, tell me more about your 175HW. Out of everything, I'm probably most pumped about getting quality accurate sonar readings. For those following the thread, the Airmar SS-175HW is a 1kW chirp transducer. The 'HW' is for High-Wide or high chirp and wide cone. I think its the only of its kind. Its not normal for high chirp to have a 25 degree cone.

What system do you run your 175HW with? Any tips for setup? The rep said that I should be able to mark fish and bait at 40mph which is crazy. With my last setup, once I hit 7mph I could barely make out bait and over 10 all I would get is a bottom reading.

WW

WW
PM sent, I don't wanna clog up your thread with my jibber jabber (too much).

fb

Any updated pics?! Also wondering if you’re going to be mounting a camera to capture the fun you have on this beast?!

Thanks fellas, to be honest I was too scared to look at the fuel burn. Never been that fast on the water before. RPM topped at exactly 6000 and 57.9mph. We spent the day on the outside (offshore Esperanza). The boat handled like a champ in fairly large seas. The torque is crazy. You can climb a large wave with ease. It also has a super responsive throttle. I've used about 1/8th of a tank (454L tank) and we made the run from Zeballos and two trips offshore so I'm thinking that is good on fuel (relatively). Cruising speed is 27mph @3000rpm and about 9.5 gallons/hr. The only downside so far is the noise but that is to be expected with an aluminum boat I guess...

On a side note, I went with twin 225HO's which is the max HP. If I did it again I'd do twin 200's. I'm not going to say I'm overpowered because that statement is just wrong but I could easily have done with less. Learning to dock with twin engines is deadly awesome, its like running a skidsteer.

Attachments

• Flynn's Cove.jpg
    Flynn's Cove.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Back