Water in the oil

Not trying to freak you out. Just point you in the right direction.
Luckily ANY mechanic can do the work. Doesn’t need to be a marine mechanic.
Get a mechanic to troubleshoot it and give you a quote.
If it is a head gasket it is Actually not that bad of a job to do yourself if you are good with tools.
Thanks Mudshark. I'm not too bad with tools and try to do most things myself. The problem is it's usually always a 1st time thing which makes things a lot slower. I haven't done head gaskets before.

Not sure about your motor but,
cast iron block, aluminum heads present an ongoing problem with head gaskets.
dissimilar metals encourage corrosion and the head gasket is the weak point.
Motor is a 1992 4.3L V6, volvo penta 431 model.

Video of steam coming out of my pcv hose. This was sending moisture into the carb and making it run like chit.

Video of steam coming out of my pcv hose. This was sending moisture into the carb and making it run like chit.

you will get some steam type smoke coming out of the valve cover pcv system does it smell sweet at all? if it does that the indication you have some coolant getting into the crankcase

you will get some steam type smoke coming out of the valve cover pcv system does it smell sweet at all? if it does that the indication you have some coolant getting into the crankcase
I'll give it a little lick and see what it tastes like. I'm just about to run some new oil through the system with some motor flush to try and clean out some of that white goop out of the system. Then change to oil again and see if anything changes. As stated at the beginning I supected water getting into the system because of a blown raw water hose. I may be out to lunch on that thought however, just hoping that's it.

i just changed them so they're brand new.
Just about to change my Risers and Manifolds, do you mind me asking how much the parts are? For the mechanics in the crowd, do you need to do this roughly every fifth year if you are saltwater moored?

Just about to change my Risers and Manifolds, do you mind me asking how much the parts are? For the mechanics in the crowd, do you need to do this roughly every fifth year if you are saltwater moored?
They were $1,152.52 from H&H Marine in Burnaby. They make them or have them made. 5 years and then you're pushing the envelope.

Start planning on new motor. My head gasket went and never had that issue. Sounds like manifold leak. If it's saltwater in there it isn't good.

I changed the oil and added some motor flush and ran for 6-7 minutes, shut her off and then changed the oil and filter again. Then added new oil and filter. I have then run the motor for probably an hour and half or more to run moisture out of the engine. I started with steam coming out of the oil filler and pcv and it is now getting less and less. The oil level has stayed the same so I'm not making oil. I'm hoping it was my hose leak that caused moisture to be sucked into the carb/intake. Things seem to be getting better not worse so it's a hopeful sign.

I think if you did a compression test and a leak down test as well as a pressure test on the fresh water cooling side you should be able to diagnose exactly where the problem is and not have to guess where it is.
A leak down test would probably show the best results in the sense that air bubbles will be coming out the heat exchanger if you have a leaky head gasket,
Good ol You tube will have lots of videos on all these tests and how to interpret the results.

Back