Customize Your Lures

Stizzla

Crew Member
Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know of a website I found called luremaking.com
It’s in Canada which keeps shipping down and I really like it for all the different tapes they have.
I just spent about $75 (12 of which was shipping and got a ton of different colours of 1” strips of tape in hologram, fish scale, glow, cracked ice patterns etc.
Also lots of eyes 3D and flat stick on eyes of sizes from 1/8” up to 5/8” for spoons and flashers.
I just placed the order today so I’ll likely get it in a week, then I’ll let you know if it’s of good quality. No I’m not affiliated with them in any way.
Stizzla

They have some great stuff for lure making but for the most part avoid terminal tackle they sell it's freshwater grade and doesn't hold up in the salt.

that is a popular site and has been mentioned here a few times in the past. their glow powder paints are great. you will like the product.

Does anyone specifically have experience applying these tapes? DO you guys just 'peel and stick' or do you apply an additional adhesive or primer to the metal? My concern is that they would peel off after a few trips. I guess AP has it figured out!
Applying tape is definitely easier than spraying individual spoons...

Does anyone specifically have experience applying these tapes? DO you guys just 'peel and stick' or do you apply an additional adhesive or primer to the metal? My concern is that they would peel off after a few trips. I guess AP has it figured out!
Applying tape is definitely easier than spraying individual spoons...

I use a heat gun to warm what I am applying the tape to. After applying the lure tape I then hit it again with a heat gun on low. Seems to help a bit.

5EEF1CA0-26CB-4C19-8050-5C58BD6BA57F.jpeg 88EAD16B-4CCA-441D-B6F2-DBB9506F531E.jpeg So my order came last week and I do like the tape and 3D eyes. I realize I ordered way more stuff than I will likely ever need. I made some small alterations to some flashers, nothing too crazy, I added a thin little strip of green crush and a big red eye to a madi flasher, I call it the mad madi!

Hi Oly,
It’s luremaking.com based out of Ontario. Prices are good and shipping is a flat $12. Have fun out there!
Steve

I picked up a couple of green hot spots at a garage sale last weekend, WD-40'd off the falling apart decals and was thinking of spray painting some colours / glow on it. Anyone have any experience with this?

I picked up a couple of green hot spots at a garage sale last weekend, WD-40'd off the falling apart decals and was thinking of spray painting some colours / glow on it. Anyone have any experience with this?
I just use magic markers but I'm lazy.

Back