Did I find your prawn traps? South Bowen.

Sangstercraft

While cruising out to the hump in 500' of water I came across a large red buoy with no name or phone number on it, and the buoy was riding low in the water. A fellow boater had left a message on it with a sharpie, which it looks like you heeded before setting them for the last time.

I really didn't want to pull it as I had already pulled my traps (and I do it the old-fashioned hand-bomb way) but I figured someone would appreciate their return. So, are they yours? There were two traps on the line. Describe them to me and I'll set up a time to meet you at the marina and give 'em back.

I lost mine a month or so ago it did have a bigger red buoy on it but I can't remember what two traps I had on it either a new traps and one old one new one is army and navy 28 inch one and the other set was old commercial trap and maybe a square trap lol either have a orange cup in it or the green mesh bag with two cans in it .

It might be yours. One of the traps was a square one and the other was round stacking type.

But it didn’t have any cans in it. Just bait cups which still had bait in them. So whoever lost them must have done so in the last few days.

And they changed the line from floating to sinking (that’s what the scribbled message on the float was about - a pissed off boater who I suspect got the floating line in his prop) but did not put their name on it.

The weight in the trap was odd - that’s my last “clue”

A few people have pm’d me but I don’t think these belong to them.

Did it have a blue 5lb dumbell in it? A friend of mine lost some traps and he used those. Was just curious.

I lost a set of traps off lasquiti this winter. It was my own fault for wind, weather, current, time etc... This week we got a call from an angler in Campbell River. Found our buoy minus the traps 50 miles/80km from our drop location off of lasquiti and picked them up at quadra/cortes.

Did it have a blue 5lb dumbell in it? A friend of mine lost some traps and he used those. Was just curious.
For the last few weeks a large red buoy with no markings has been sitting just off the shore near the Pink Palace in Westvan. I picked it up on Tuesday. Attached to the buoy was about 10 feet of rope and a blue dumbbell. There was nothing past the dumbbell. Looks like it had been floating around for some time because of the amount of mussels attached to the buoy.

For the last few weeks a large red buoy with no markings has been sitting just off the shore near the Pink Palace in Westvan. I picked it up on Tuesday. Attached to the buoy was about 10 feet of rope and a blue dumbbell. There was nothing past the dumbbell. Looks like it had been floating around for some time because of the amount of mussels attached to the buoy.
Woah. Yah he defintely threw the weights in the trap but could be?

Back