Seakeeper 2 donated to PSF gala

They look like they'd be the cats butt... I'd love to have one... maybe some day. Not sure where I could find room to mount a system on my boat though.

Ya, i think they could find a way to work it into most 'new builds' but would have to get creative with retrofitting it to existing boats.

If it's as good as advertised it may be the piece of equipment that helps bridge the divide between the 2 major issues most boat owners constantly grapple with, namely: 1) Stability at low speed and 2) Smooth ride through the chop

Not a cheap solution to this eternal problem but for the guys spending $150K+ on a boat it would be worth considering for sure.

Pretty cool time lapse video on them putting in a unit to a nice centre console here -

It must take an horrendous amount of power to spin that baby up. Pretty cool concept though.

There are specs listed on seakeeper website here - https://seakeeper.com/seakeeper_products/seakeeper-2/

I chatted with a guy yesterday who said the power requirements are actually not all that crazy. apparently it will 'power up' off your main engine(s) alternator which can take 20-30 mins or so and then once it has reached a certain spin rate it will last for a few hours so if you anchored up for hali it would be working for hours still. They have some demo boats available around vancouver so it would be great to go out and see how they actually perform in the slop. There's an 'on/off' switch so you could really see the difference

It must take an horrendous amount of power to spin that baby up. Pretty cool concept though.

Back