Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent news guys.
My Boss is awesome. He’s letting me take our team out for a “Team Building” event :)...get to head out tomorrow and Friday...going to head to Thrasher tomorrow and see if the winds hold off for Friday; not of fan of the S/E when on that side, might have to do the hump Friday.
Will post updates.
Cheers

PS: All expenses, love running my engines at 4500+ (and not having to pay the fuel) they just purr
Wait, you don't always run at 4500?! You're not living!!!

Had an invite to join two good friends Tuesday off near the Hump.
First dropped four crab traps enroute from Port Moody.
Fishing was non stop, the biting was non stop, we released likely over 24 small springs. Boxed three too 12 pounds.
Several fish are border line legal, some smaller grilse. Most action between 80 and 110 feet, glo white , green spoon like a Skinny G was consistent with coyotes taking up the slack . Fish had 5-6 inch herring in them.

Upon returning, we witnessed an unmarked inboard green in colour like speed boat, abou 19 footer, no name no numbers dropping one of our traps, they took off. Boat was loaded with young cocky Asians. We confronted the pieces of Shat..... Took pictures of them and their ugly boat as they tried to cover their faces. They denied their activities. So four traps down, only two crab after a 8 hour soaking.
So if your in the Belcara, Port Moody, Indian arm area ....... Be aware of these low life folks....... There out there and stealing from you and I.
Pics are on buddy's camera.

HT

Pics are on buddy's camera.

HT
Please post the pics when you get a chance. I'd suggest emailing them to the marina's in that area and giving the marina operators the heads up. Crabs, gear off people's boats, who knows what else they're stealing.

Plus - the cops might want to know that the boat is unmarked. At least the shatballs will get a slap for that.

Just got back from hitting thrasher from 230-530.
Epic day. A dozen plus hook ups, 2 double headers, 4 just underside, 2 good keepers, a few long line releases :) and of course the tiny...
Took a little bit of a pounding on the way there, wasn’t able to go over 13nt, but the wind ended up helping in the end...dropped lines a mile or so south of thrasher and just let the North westerly push us down south, didn’t turn up wind once, just cruised along Valdes the hole time in roughly 400’ of water.
Thanks for all the tips guys. 180 was the key and had 4.0 spoons on...money.
Get to do another “team building” mission on Friday, with the winds turning, will probably do the hump and hope to have as good a day as high tide did on Tuesday.
Will let you guys know how I make out.
Cheers

Im thinking of heading over to thrasher tomorrow solo, any thoughts on the forecast?

Anyone else heading over?

Im thinking of heading over to thrasher tomorrow solo, any thoughts on the forecast?

Anyone else heading over?
I’m now going, current forecast seems to be decent for the day, with SE picking up to 25KNTS in the evening.
I’ll be heading back to the LM mid afternoon latest

Still heading tomorrow, but still thinking the hump is the place to go...especially since I won’t be heading out till 1pm, guess I’ll make my final decision when I get to the mouth....
Quick question; are the pacific cod still in numbers around the hump, last year was brutal; didn’t find them around Thrasher...

Wait, you don't always run at 4500?! You're not living!!!
Too Funny Rain City...I can run at lower RPM and with twin 225’s I like my fuel too much to run them much higher than 4200 where my sweet spot is; would love to “live” a little, but I’m too thrifty ;)

Too Funny Rain City...I can run at lower RPM and with twin 225’s I like my fuel too much to run them much higher than 4200 where my sweet spot is; would love to “live” a little, but I’m too thrifty ;)
Pretty tough to be "thrifty" with a boat and fishing hahaha. I guess everyone has their own version of thrifty

i have to dunk the boat
its been in the driveway to long ....

Watch your gas gauge drop running hard at at least 1 litre per minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back