2018 Sidney Reports

In all seriousness:

Sidney Spit is a consistent producer for me from about 500M north of the point to about 500 south of the point. Beware the gunk/grass on a flood tide and this area is DANGEROUS for submerged traps - be very aware of any slippage in your downriggers.

Coal Island: North-east corner is a very hungry reef that holds good fish (and many cannonballs). From there troll along shore, then across to the small islets, then back to the reef (kind of a trapezoid shape)

Thank you!

Red can is pretty easy go out from Tulista boat ramp towards Sidney spit and the marker is on your right towards James island if you grab one of the Sidney tide table books from capital iron or Sidney hardware it will give you distances and directions to coal it's not far maybe 3 or 4 k from ramp

Thank you!

0D898581-E663-465D-9A5B-DF029F0A41A4.jpeg

I thought this would be a chance to try the iPad photo editing. I don’t fish Sidney a lot, but here some areas I know.

1. Wain Rock
2. Coal Island
3. Fairfax Point
4. Pender Bluffs
5. Red Can
6. Hamley Point

View attachment 37560

I thought this would be a chance to try the iPad photo editing. I don’t fish Sidney a lot, but here some areas I know.

1. Wain Rock
2. Coal Island
3. Fairfax Point
4. Pender Bluffs
5. Red Can
6. Hamley Point

Perfect, thanks a bunch! If you see a Grady White 232 out there with Tuna outriggers on it, that will be me, come by and say hi!

I can’t give any info on the fishing out here, but I’m sitting on my customer’s balcony on a break right now, and I see an absolute bathtub of an ocean. It’s taunting me so badly. I’m seeing boat after boat heading out with nets flapping in the wind. That’ll be me in the next day or 2.

I was out yesterday and fished along the powder wharf. There were a couple of other boats there not a bite, got a few nice crabs in the traps nearby,so not a total loss.

What a day to be on the water unfortunately no fish couple hours at coal than a couple at fairfax no bites and saw no fish come in great to meet yah out there stizzla hope yah had better luck than i

Was out at the powder wharf and the other side of the spit this morning for about 4hrs, lots of bait at the wharf but not a darn bite in either location. Still lucky to be out on the water though!

What a day to be on the water unfortunately no fish couple hours at coal than a couple at fairfax no bites and saw no fish come in great to meet yah out there stizzla hope yah had better luck than i
It was nice meeting you too! I’m thinking we should make a group called “The Skunk Club™️” I know that today, you and I plus advTHXance, and Original could all be certified members.
It seems that all the fish are in Vancouver and a little further up island.
Keep trying everyone. They’ll get here!

Ok fine... he caught it.. I’ve lost so many cannonballs lately I had mine set at 5’ and 7’ to keep them off the 300’ bottom. No luck, should’ve tried 6’ and 8’!

Thats a nice wild fish youve got there Stizzla! ;)

Time to switch to braid if youre still losing lead. :p

Back