Status
Not open for further replies.
Into double digit numbers on legal sized fish over here , 5 inch spoons
Went out for a solo fish today and started at the Hump and an hour in pulled the rods up and bounced over to Thrasher. Dropped the lines at 110ft and 140ft to start at Thrasher and nothing was happening and then moved them to between 160 ft and 180 ft and the chaos began. Boxed two between 10 and 11 lbs and then had an epic hour and a half of catch and release. A number of doubleheaders. The fish likely would have bit anything thrown there way but I was using spoons and the two I kept each had a large 6 to 8 inch herring in it. To anyone who isn’t working tomorrow, don’t think twice just cross the straight. It is lights out over there right now.

Last edited:
Great reports guys. We'll be back out tomorrow for one last crack at these fish. It's been a great winter fishery for us and having so much meat in the freezer and in cans is a nice problem to have in April.
Tight lines folks,

Brian

We were one of the boats out early at Thrasher ... same deal as Teja ... was running smaller spoons at 100 and 140 and couple shakers in the first little bit but nothing sticking ... switched up to 6.o spoons lowered to 165 and 180 and started smacking some decent fish (anything legal is decent for us ... lol). Pulled the lines at 12:30 with limit of four ... a 12, 10 and two 7's plus a plenty of action in between. Was a bit bouncy ... we weren't sure we were going to go out but sitting at home looking at the wind/wave report was only making the itch to get out there itchier. Told ourselves ... let's go for a boat ride ... it's gotta be good once we get out there ... well ... it was good enough and damn good too ... lol.

Thanks go to Brian for sharing a few details from his outing yesterday.

Shot across to Thrasher for a hungover afternoon shift around noon, damn sun run made getting to the marina an absolute nightmare. Plenty of fish to be had, the new 4.0 postmark/psf Pesca spoon got 3 of the 4 fish we bonked. Great orca show on the way home, stopped in middle of the straight to relieve the bladders when the pod ripped up on us. Great end to the day.

Ok I took tomorrow off work lol. What do you guys think, porlier pass or thrasher offshore ? Will be using 5.0 spoons.
I saw chovy did good at South bowen on instagram. So many options right now.

Well today is my birthday and my last day off. It was nice to get back out to Thrasher with my boys and spend a little quality time. We had lines in the water by 645 and the first fish in the boat by 7. The second fish followed pretty shortly thereafter and then we had to work a little to get the last 4 fish. It was still great fishing but nothing like we saw on Saturday. We had our 6 fish by 130. Ive never experienced 3 guys getting limits at the end of April especially not twice in the same week. Beauty weather and all around great day. All fish on 4" spoons.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 208
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 211
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 205
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 206
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Well today is my birthday and my last day off. It was nice to get back out to Thrasher with my boys and spend a little quality time. We had lines in the water by 645 and the first fish in the boat by 7. The second fish followed pretty shortly thereafter and then we had to work a little to get the last 4 fish. It was still great fishing but nothing like we saw on Saturday. We had our 6 fish by 130. Ive never experienced 3 guys getting limits at the end of April especially not twice in the same week. Beauty weather and all around great day. All fish on 4" spoons.
Looks like they were mostly Hatchery fish?

Happy birthday!

3 and 3 today. 4 wild and 2 hatchery on Saturday. We dropped all the heads off. It will be interesting to get some feedback.
Good for you for turning the heads in! In the bit of fishing I've done and howHow Soundsound this year
3 and 3 today. 4 wild and 2 hatchery on Saturday. We dropped all the heads off. It will be interesting to get some feedback.

Good for you for turning the heads in! In the bit of fishing I've done in howe sound this year, 5 of the 7 Chinook we caught were Hatchery fish.

I
Good for you for turning the heads in! In the bit of fishing I've done and howHow Soundsound this year

Good for you for turning the heads in! In the bit of fishing I've done in howe sound this year, 5 of the 7 Chinook we caught were Hatchery fish.
I can't take credit for the heads. I always mean to turn them in but then don't bother because it's a hassle. My son however is really dialed in and wants to perfect his craft by understanding patterns. It was all his doing to ensure the heads went in.

I

I can't take credit for the heads. I always mean to turn them in but then don't bother because it's a hassle. My son however is really dialed in and wants to perfect his craft by understanding patterns. It was all his doing to ensure the heads went in.

Good on your son!:) Its important we turn in hatchery heads, as the data that's collected helps DFO determine if the stocking programs are working. I picked up some fish head bags and tags from my local hatchery at Tenderfoot. It makes it easy, as when I am cleaning my fish I tag the heads and throw then in the bag. I then either put them in the head depot drops if there's one where I am fishing or throw them in my freezer and drop them off at the hatchery.

Excellent news guys.
My Boss is awesome. He’s letting me take our team out for a “Team Building” event :)...get to head out tomorrow and Friday...going to head to Thrasher tomorrow and see if the winds hold off for Friday; not of fan of the S/E when on that side, might have to do the hump Friday.
Will post updates.
Cheers

PS: All expenses, love running my engines at 4500+ (and not having to pay the fuel) they just purr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back