1998 MERC 9.9 Long leg

high tide

I've had this motor for 17 of its 20 years.
It's been very well maintained, it is in great condition except that it either has a dead short or possibly a stater issue. To look at inside and out you won't find one in better shape.
If your a marine mechanic have parts or a project guy this motor is for you. For some one that knows out boards, this is a good fixer upper. With lots of life left in it as its not been used alot or abused in any way.
My health does not allow me to do it.
It is a pull start, not electric, no it does not have a charging circuit. It's the tiller model. As said Long leg 9.9 1998 Mercury 4 Stroke
Pm me if interested I will send you pics to E mail or text.

$500.00
Thanks HT
I live in Langley near 248 and 56

Last edited:
I've had this motor for 17 of its 20 years.
It's been very well maintained, it is in great condition except that it either has a dead short or possibly a stater issue. To look at inside and out you won't find one in better shape.
If your a marine mechanic have parts or a project guy this motor is for you. For some one that knows out boards, this is a good fixer upper. With lots of life left in it as its not been used alot or abused in any way.
My health does not allow me to do it.
It is a pull start, not electric, no it does not have a charging circuit. It's the tiller model. As said Long leg 9.9 1998 Mercury 4 Stroke
Pm me if interested I will send you pics to E mail or text.

$500.00
Thanks HT
I live in Langley near 248 and 56
Price change

$400.00

New price ........ $300.00

As said, could be just a minor short, and an instant vavoom great motor, or it could be a more involved stater , magnito ....... power pack.
The motor is and has been very well looked after, unlikely to find one of the same in as good as shape other then your need to repair. I have health issues, and am just not willing to spend the time to figure it out.

PM if interested.

Last edited:
Back