Aluminum tube supplier - ?

AndrewH

I am looking for 1-3/4" .125 wall aluminum tube... I have flared the ends with my hydraulic press on 3 pieces so far but I have run out of material. I can't use aluminum pipe as it cracks when flaring. Need these for my rod holders!!!!

Both metal mart and metalsupermarkets will not order any in for me.

Anyone have a supplier?

Attachments

• IMG_9575.jpg
    IMG_9575.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 66
Not sure where you are located or how much you need but you can try AJ Forsythe (Delta) or Alaskan Copper and Brass (Coquitlam).

Try ML Building Supply on Byrne Road in Burnaby.

I buy all of metal from Samuel. Also known as Wilkinson Steel in Vic. They are in Langley and Surrey on Mainland and also in Victoria on island.

You can get an account set up and just pay by card.

Metal supermarkets are a rip off stay away.

The marine manufactures who work with a lot of Al. will have a very large scrap bin for recycling all full of brand new Al pieces including tubes especially the ones who make Al, boats, tanks, pods, arches etc. I have found great pieces for various projects in those bins which you can usually pick up for next to nothing as all they will get for it is scrap Al rates. One place that I am a good customer with, has so far just given me what I want out of the scrap bin for free. Since the manufactures have accounts and buy a ton of Al. in bulk, they may be able to order you what you need at a better price than you can directly as a small one time buyer.

Last edited:
Back