Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one out there at present ....... Looks dark and lumpy ....... Sure hoping to get out.

Will report if I do.

HT
I'll be flying over it soon....if my plane takes off in that direction.

Just saw a pic from out there and it looks nice.

Last edited:
I think if you want reds only then don't keep anything with a adipose fin. That's what I've noticed. Howe sound, Hump or Harbour.
I got my first white this year near Horseshoe bay near the end of March, and two since on the hump. I had some holidays in March so fished the harbor mostly, and am now fishing because I'm on afternoons.

Last edited:
Fished 4-630 yesterday south Bowen out to the Hump while traps soaked, nada but one grilse.
Got our bugs though

Anyone heard anything from Thrasher? Might do an overnight trip over there and fish two days mid-week next week. Will report back.

Was going to make a run across tomorrow after work and fish Porlier pass area; but winds are looking like they are going to up. Now thinking of waiting till Sunday and fish local, the hump...thoughts??

View attachment 37399
The infamous crab poaching boat who was on here proclaiming his innocence has been cruising the Bell Buoy to Mile Markers for the last hour and a bit and he has pulled at least 10 or more traps. I’m watching you through binoculars Mr. Gu. Fenders still down.

What’s the name of this boat, there’s a few gents that I know that would like to have a chat....

Fished the Hump area today with my lovely bride.
Lines out just before noon. Just north of the QA, trolled toward the Hump and the distant pack .Bing bang boom lots of action, fish from 70 to 140 on the Riggers, butttttt, on the sounder almost continuous bait, thirty to ninety feet. We hit most fish at 75 feet, from constant grilse to 15 lb range and lots of fish between. Released a few just legals too looking for the bigger ones. Great day, pancake flat.
Fished mostly with yellow to green flashers, Glo White and Green 3.5 Coyote, four foot leader. Also smacking EM on my Dads home made spoons, simular to Yotes and Skinny Gs ......... Way to go Pops !!!
He was also out today on the Nanaimo side off Fingers ........ Hammered them over there..... Proud of ya Dad! He turned 84 a month ago, still going out on his home built Nauta-Whaler! By himself ....... Your doing GREAT DAD!

So something of interest ......... The springs we cleaned were STUFFED with Stickleback, 1 1/2 to 2 inches long ! Was this the constant bait showing on the sounder at thirty to ninety feet.
Another new to me ........ And I've fished here for 57 years.......

Good luck out there.

HT

used one these for a stickleback pattern in Ukee once. Worked good. Size 4 is about 1.75 inches.

Attachments

• tom mack.JPG
    tom mack.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 125
Fished the hump Thursday 12:30 - 5pm. 9 fish to the boat 2 keepers. Green glow speckled coho killer was the hot spoon also got action on the green/white/glow sandlance. Most action was at 120ft.

Attachments

• Resized_20180419_151405001.jpg
    Resized_20180419_151405001.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 20180419_162221001.jpg
    20180419_162221001.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180420_081832001.jpg
    20180420_081832001.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Was out yesterday at first light, ripped to the bell putem down trolled to the qa just a few shakers. Pulled up and ran to offshore thrasher steady action till 1:30 then left with full limits 137-160 was working good for some bigger fish and also getting them on a large spoons.one of the big ones we cleaned had a 10 in herring in it so hello tried the big spoons and kept the little fish off and smashed a few bigger ones.

On a side note my buddy had two sets of prawns traps ripped off of south passage island yesterday. If anyone sees orange buoys with ryan forester on them there his pm please so he can get them back ...

Tight lines
Billydoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back