PEI Tuna Charter Recommendations?

Whole in the Water

I'm going to a wedding in PEI in early Aug. this year. Six of us our thinking of going on a Bluefin tuna charter. Does anyone have any charter outfits they would recommend? Thanks for any info.

Good luck with this. I spent most of 2016 in Halifax trying to tee something like this up and couldn't make it work to my satisfaction.

It boils down to, you pay 1500-2000, if they get hooked up they might let you touch the rod, in the end they sell the fish and you paid for their expenses.

If you know someone who has a relative that gets tags might be a way to go.

4 of us went with Tony's Tuna Charter in 2013 and it was great. They let us play the fish as they wait till September to start looking for a keeper. We could only play the fish for an hr then had to cut the line. I'd give them a call. It was $1000 for the day.

http://tonystunafishing.com/index.html

X2 for Tony's Tuna !!!! Took the wife and kids a couple years ago. She hooked up a 750 lber and played it for 1hr45min until the hook pulled in the rough seas....boat went up, tuna went down. No more tuna. Experience of a lifetime. Highly recommended. $1250 for the entire day for the whole boat. Food and drinks included. Could have brought 6 people. Do it! You won't be let down. Late summer, early fall is best they say.

Back