Leader length for sandlance spoon.

Hagar

Hi everyone I just bought a couple of AP sandlance spoons that everyone here talks about. New to fishing in the Sidney area and am looking to try out these new spoons, just wondering what leader length you would recommend . Thanks.

I run mine with a small swivel in front of the front split ring, with anywhere from a 42"-72" leader depending on the season. Right now my leaders are between 48"-60".

Same as above, if you really want to make these come to life
tie a duo-lock snap on and connect the spoon to it.
the spoon has no line drag and it really helps the action

upload_2018-4-17_13-12-31.jpeg

These are fished just off the bottom am I right? Thought that I would drop the crab traps down and fish for a few hours as I am breaking in a new motor on a new boat. Thanks for the replies so far!

This time of the year you would fish them off the bottom for sure. In the summer I fish the AP spoon the deepest of the lures I am running.

These are fished just off the bottom am I right? Thought that I would drop the crab traps down and fish for a few hours as I am breaking in a new motor on a new boat. Thanks for the replies so far!
Very fun! What kind of motor are we talking about?

Are you breaking it in per the instructions from the manufacturer? I don’t think that you’re supposed to just troll on it to break it in.

I bought a new 18ft. Silver Streak it has a 115 Yamaha as a main motor. I have to put 10 hrs on it to break it in and have 3 to go . I won’t be trolling with it much if at all I will use my kicker.

Back