Bandwagon Time - Jets or Leafs?

I cheer for the Vegas Golden Knights as they are THE most canadian team in the playoffs with 61.5% of their team being canadian (and also a great cindrella story). the Leafs are 51.2% canadian and the Jets a mere 39.3% canadian. hopefully next year we can see the canucks get a sniff of the playoffs. If I had to pick between the leafs and jets it would be the jets, I do like the way they play the game, unfortunately they will meet the preds in the next round and I think they are the best team in the playoffs

V G knights, cinderella team, I think not! The way that the NHL set up the V G Nnights expansion draft sure helped! For expansion the other teams could only protect limited number of young unproven players and Vegas got the pick of the cream of the unprotected crop! So in two years from now when Seattle comes in Vegas is going to be going through the same thing that present NHL teams went through, lets see how well they do. Don't get me wrong, the NHL wasn't going to let a expansion team that spent $500,000,000 to be like the other expansion teams like Tampa, Carolina, Florida, and Nashville. The numbers for Seattle expansion are said to be 650,000,000, so the conditions are going to be at LEAST as good for SEATTLE, so lets judge them after that.

Yes the LV players are bigger/better/faster than any expansion team in living memory and even their one smaller man-Marchessault-has more talent than most.

Experts still gave Vegas 200-1 odds to win the cup at the beginning of the season, so yes they have more than exceeded expectations. Their goalie was a released backup for heaven’s sakes!
Also I root for them a bit more because of the Vegas Strong movement that happened at the start of the season.

I knew the Jets would feast on Subban! Wasn’t expecting the 48-19 shot margin but the play, at least the 40 or so minutes I watched, certainly wasn’t as lopsided as the shot clock. Pretty scary seeing Ellis get a skate blade to the face but, luckily, didn’t look too bad all things considered.

Cheers!

Ukee

Thst winning streak at the end of the season really bit them in the butt.

Way to go jets, maybe the Stanley cup could finally come back North where it belongs. It wont be on display with any toothless rednecks at the Dollywood theme park in Tennessee, at least this year!

Yes, way to go Jets. Got to go with the Canadian team, but most admit I have been cheering for the lunch bucket Vegas boys. Either way one of my teams will move on.

Are they still playing? Of all the reasons the NHL is the poor cousin of the other major sports, playing into May and June has to be one of the most prominent. I think even the majority of Canadians lose interest if there home team isn’t in it once temps start hitting the upper 20’s and it stays light out past 830!

Cheers!

Ukee

Back