New to me Boat!

How many gallons is the fuel tank? I was thinking twins and a bigger fuel tank and that thing would be a beauty tuna killing machine..... :)

Not sure yet or if I'll even keep it. But it can't be that big as the previous owner put what looks to be a 100 litre plastic slip tank in.

Once I open up the floor I'll know better.

congrats! that thing will be a slayer in no time. im a no command bridge fan but understand if you want to dump traps and stuff up there would make sure or even maybe a alum basket that can be removed if need be... ?? lol you have enough work on the plate.

nice part is after you sell off those outboards you should have a fair amount of cash to start that project. Have you thought about maybe stealing some of the electronics off your other both to save the cost of buying new stuff again?

I may take all the electronics and rear stearing station from my other boat.

Heres hoping I can get top dollar for the motors as I'm sure I will need every last bit of my budget for this build.

Gonna be a deadly boat, looks sweet as is with the command bridge. Up top may come in handy with the family, a spot to hang out or store stuff.

I hope you're going to do a restoration thread! Will look forward to seeing this boat be restored to it's former glory.

Got the boat back to the island late last night after missing the ferry...

This morning my helper and I cleaned out all the stuff off the back deck and fly bridge and then got to work! First we had to raise the boat shelter 16” to fit the boat and then we attacked the fly bridge( I guess were not keeping it). After pulling out about 100 screws we got it off at about 8 pm...

Going to get back after it tomorrow... for now it’s beer o’clock!

108A8F70-F35D-48F8-A144-36DF9DA98F13.jpeg 431FE422-B2EC-416F-8DA8-A14834E075A4.jpeg 93CE98A8-FCAD-4BAA-98BF-3EF2EFB75E1B.jpeg 776E9185-F566-4E87-A532-1147130E6861.jpeg A67F7246-3465-4E4B-BAFD-0F32BB52FBB0.jpeg

Day Two,

Ripped the vinyl flooring off the hard top this morning(my back hurts! That glue is sticky). Then removed the gas from the side tank on the deck. Luckily it only had 60L in it and not the full 190L. Not the case with the in floor fuel tank, It’s filled to the brim! Then we ripped out the floor and all the side pieces of plywood.

I would like to get these motors sold before I start ripping out electrical but I don’t know if I can wait.

848F953B-28C1-4993-A841-635F8026B77D.jpeg DF3261AA-41B3-44C0-AE70-1E9850571469.jpeg 43055F8C-2834-4278-B031-7708DFF17AC7.jpeg AABBDA06-95E7-45D5-86B7-887C181C972E.jpeg

if the bridge stays and boat is loaded,, twin 200 would rock.. it!

Fly bridge is gone and not coming back. If the F200 doesn’t sell soon I may get it crated up and look for another to pair it with.

I don’t really like our local Yamaha dealer, but that said if I went evinrude I would have to travel as well as the Yamaha dealer is also the etec dealer...

Couple things I would do differently on my boat.The biggest change I should have done would have been to raise the floor a couple inches and make it self bailing, I'll probably do that for my winter project ;)

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I wish I would have done it on my Malibu as well...

Do you ever regret not having twins? I am know in my head thinking about it as the previous owner said he could travel at 30 mph with the single F200 and he had this thing loaded with stuff...

Got a few small things done after dinner last night and tonight. All the wires are now stripped from the flybridge, kicker and mounts are removed and I started poking around at the transom. It’s a little rotten! Oh well I kinda figured so much.

0B5D0FF5-2E3E-40E1-A2D4-941D8F14F9F7.jpeg 2F4AD99A-74C0-4D33-AB89-AECACD1D4248.jpeg

A little wood patch and be good as new! lol. Time to take the sawzall to it, will be a sweet rig when its done.

Couple things I would do differently on my boat.The biggest change I should have done would have been to raise the floor a couple inches and make it self bailing, I'll probably do that for my winter project ;)
I raised my floor 3 inches with a slight slope to the outsides which funnels any water to the back corners where my ping pong ball scuppers are. The gunnels are still way higher than most boats as per my guests.

Back