Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out to the northern side of the slash/hump at around 7:45 and had lots of action, especially before 9:30. Yellow and green flashers with green spoons were good. 3.5 Gut bomb Pesca, 4" green glow coyote, 3.5 same, 3.5 irish creme G force...9 hits before 11 am. Most hits going west against the current. Going east it was hard to tell there were small ones on the lines. others were doing well also.

Last edited:
What a beauty morning!! Man it feels good to be reassured that I know what the hell I'm doing out there. Only boxed one but had a few just unders and a TON of little guys. I was stacked on one side at 110 and 130 with just one rod on the other side at 140. We hit on absolutely everything we presented, I really don't think it mattered. Everything had flashers, mostly guide series chartreuse but had one purple as well. Most action was before 11 and like goatf***er said mostly headed West against the current. The one thing I did do differently today was I trolled faster. For the Most part my gear was at 55-60 degrees off vertical as apposed to 40-45. So I fished the NORTH side of the hump. Yes that's NORTH. Which means almost everyone else was fishing the SOUTH right?! SOUTH EAST MAYBE? WHAT THE HELL IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE "WEST" SIDE OF THE HUMP??!! Maybe Im confused as to what the hump is but wouldn't the West side be 5 miles away?

Not trying to offend anybody that uses West as a description. Just wanted to get other people's thoughts on this. You can call it the purple side if you want.

Screenshot_20180415-171708.jpg

Last edited:
What a beauty morning!! Man it feels good to be reassured that I know what the hell I'm doing out there. Only boxed one but had a few just unders and a TON of little guys. I was stacked on one side at 110 and 130 with just one rod on the other side at 140. We hit on absolutely everything we presented, I really don't think it mattered. Everything had flashers, mostly guide series chartreuse but had one purple as well. Most action was before 11 and like goatf***er said mostly headed West against the current. The one thing I did do differently today was I trolled faster. For the Most part my gear was at 55-60 degrees off vertical as apposed to 40-45. So I fished the NORTH side of the hump. Yes that's NORTH. Which means almost everyone else was fishing the SOUTH right?! SOUTH EAST MAYBE? WHAT THE HELL IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE "WEST" SIDE OF THE HUMP??!! Maybe Im confused as to what the hump is but wouldn't the West side be 5 miles away?

Not trying to offend anybody that uses West as a description. Just wanted to get other people's thoughts on this. You can call it the purple side if you want.

View attachment 37411
I think people are referring to the purple side which is still up on the hump just a little deeper. There were boats everywhere out there. I fished the same spot as you as well as the south east corner. Boxed a keeper in both spots. Hit lots of smaller fish as well. Probably a dozen. Anchovies got the keepers at 140. All small stuff on spoons.

If it's slow.....don't forget up and over the hump. We have done very well working north south at the varied depths . Couldn't get anything on the "sides/corners" a few times out there and worked back and forth over the shallowest area and got them.

Was out at the hump both Saturday and Sunday christening the new to me rig. Sure is great to finally get to join in the party. Managed a few legal sized to 12 ish lbs and a good number of unders.
Green splatter back hootiches and skinny g's between 107 - 157, stayed away from the herd for the most part up the NE side

It was fun out there today. Managed to land a few keepers today. One was a hatchery red the other wild whites. Not huge but very delicious. Lots and lots of undersized. I do not recall ever getting so many undersized at the hump in the last few years. From what I remember it was mostly legal fish and occasionally lots and lots of walleye pollock. But not this many small ones. Could be just memory playing tricks on me.

Was out at the Hump on Saturday 10am - 1:30pm. 2 keepers in the boat lots of just under. no bananas spoon was the hot lure for us 80ft deep green flasher. Has anyone seen these tattoo/stamps on the fin before?

Attachments

• IMG-20180415-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180415-WA0001.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG-20180415-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180415-WA0000.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG-20180415-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180415-WA0002.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Funny that's exactly where we are and have a good one in the box. Lots of action on everything at 130
Shhhh, don't tell anyone Rain City its usually a good spot this time of year , but usually it only lasts until June. Good luck and tight lines . Oh ya another sign out there is when I see those black diving birds gathering diving its a sure sign of action under them , might be me but nature is far more accurate than a fish finder...hahaha (but ain't worth **** indicaiting the dept lol )

Looks like a lamprey mark.
Definitely lamprey eels. We had two chinooks yesterday with the same markings - one on the tail, one with open wound on body. When the juvenile Walleye Pollock are thick and heavy at the hump they are often caught with lamprey wounds and the odd time a lamprey still sticking to them. Picture from 3 years ago. These Pacific Lampreys can grow to 30" - a true blood sucking parasite. Good sturgeon bait.

Attachments

• IMG_5156.JPG
    IMG_5156.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 186
Definitely lamprey eels. We had two chinooks yesterday with the same markings - one on the tail, one with open wound on body. When the juvenile Walleye Pollock are thick and heavy at the hump they are often caught with lamprey wounds and the odd time a lamprey still sticking to them. Picture from 3 years ago. These Pacific Lampreys can grow to 30" - a true blood sucking parasite. Good sturgeon bait.
I wonder if the pollock would make good hali bait?

Went out today from 7:00- 1:30 fished the hump had steady action killed three and lost a couple others.There was a few grilse and undersize in the mix as well...
green flashers and homeland and irishcream were working well.

Tight lines
Billydoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back