Status
Not open for further replies.
People like to congregate near the southeast corner but it's really no better than anywhere else. Troll around until you get a bite and just keep circling that area until the bites stop.
I actually think the only time I had much success out there was when I decided to ride the wind home and got into a couple double headers between the SE edge of the hump and QA, sort of in a straight line from the bell. The sheep in me thought "well nobodies ever talked about this being a "spot"" so I never tried it again. Maybe I should have claimed it and named it ;)

Update...
It's a done deal. New spot. Don't tell ANYBODY.

20180414_093532.png

Last edited:
I will be joining the pack, first time out since September
New batteries, switches, fuel system, rigger line. It’s like I’m 5 and going to Disneyland for the first time, good thing I got leaders to keep me busy all night.

For the love of god....do not net fish which are not legal!!!! This Instagram sh*t I observe is ridiculous!!!!

made it out to the hump around 11. picked up a little guy in the first 30 seconds, thought this is a good sign.
by the end of the day we had two in the box (65cm) and released two 45cm and three jacks.
good haul of prawns to finish the day.
it was a little lumpy in my 20ft boat but calmed down nicely by 2pm

140ft was the magic number for us with og142r's

Fished from 3-6 at the hump, SE corner with splatter back hoochie. Some good action, a few smalls, lost a couple reeling them in and another snapped my rod at the boat, definite keeper. Skunked and gutted, plenty out there.

fish the north east corner of the Hump (a tack from the hump towards Curtis point ) find the bait ball that is usually hanging around (for me seems to be there year after year) and you'll be sure to get one, but I have to agree with everyone its the bait balls that there in and maybe the actual tack doesn't mean anything lol ...... but I'm set in my ways lol

fish the north east corner of the Hump (a tack from the hump towards Curtis point ) find the bait ball that is usually hanging around (for me seems to be there year after year) and you'll be sure to get one, but I have to agree with everyone its the bait balls that there in and maybe the actual tack doesn't mean anything lol ...... but I'm set in my ways lol
Funny that's exactly where we are and have a good one in the box. Lots of action on everything at 130

20A06820-CEA6-4BFB-AD4A-987D82F440F4.jpeg
The infamous crab poaching boat who was on here proclaiming his innocence has been cruising the Bell Buoy to Mile Markers for the last hour and a bit and he has pulled at least 10 or more traps. I’m watching you through binoculars Mr. Gu. Fenders still down.

Is it a blue and white Bayliner with a blue top ? There is a boat bypoint akinson cruiseing around with a puller on the back no riggers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back