August trip

wyoming wally

My wife and I are planning a trip to telegraph cove in mid August. Was wondering if we could get a few ideas on some must have tackle. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Come and find me in the forest campground at Telegraph, I'll show you what's working. 24' Trophy in the marina called "Shut up and Fish "

Come and find me in the forest campground at Telegraph, I'll show you what's working. 24' Trophy in the marina called "Shut up and Fish "
Thank you guys for the advice so far will for sure look you up when we get there. And yes we do have do have radar.

Anchovies and white hooch's have been my go-to lures up there. You'll find the folks on the docks are pretty good about providing advice on what's working for them, and there's a couple of good tackle shops in Pt McNeill if you need anything.

Just wondering if halibut is worth pursuing while we re up there. I have also heard that there is supposed to be a big sockeye run this year. I hope that is true. Thanks again for the tips.

Just wondering if halibut is worth pursuing while we re up there. I have also heard that there is supposed to be a big sockeye run this year. I hope that is true. Thanks again for the tips.
There are halibut around, but you really have to pick your tides. Currents are very strong in the area, so you need to pick times where there's not a big difference in the highs and lows - longish slacks, in other words.

Back